Over the next few months, the University is hosting opportunities for you to connect and socialise with your peers through the Summer Series. This includes a mix of online events and, where appropriate, some small & large in-person activities – to be held in line with the University’s COVID-Safe Plan, taking on board Government restrictions and advice.
Be sure to log into WESTERNLife our online virtual community regularly to find out about the activities coming up, including beach day, cinema under the stars, indoor rock climbing, virtual crafternoon, online bingo and so much more! Make sure to register your attendance, as places are limited.
Information about COVID safe practices
- Must be double vaccinated.
- Carry your proof of vaccination.
- Practice Social Distancing where possible.
- Wear a mask when you feel like you cannot social distance or when directed.
- Use hand sanitiser when possible, especially after touching surfaces or before eating or touching your face.
- Cough and Sneeze into your arm.
Do not attend or participate in person if:·
- You are unwell - You are experiencing any flu-like symptoms, such as fever, coughing, sore throat, fatigue or shortness of breath.
- Within the last 14 days, you have been in close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- You have been to a location at a time and date which requires you to self-isolate and get tested immediately.
- You have been directed by NSW Health, your GP or other medical practitioner to self-isolate.
Remember to be prepared and bring along your face covering to any on-campus and face-to-face events. Please also note that we continue to keep the latest government and health advice in mind when planning each event. We are strictly adhering to the 4m² per person guideline for indoor activities, and 2m² per person rule for outdoor activities.
You will also notice COVID Safe marshalls at each event keeping you safe but we need you to do your part as well.
Please report illness direct to the Coronavirus Hotline on firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 02 9852 5399, Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm AEST.
If you are attending any trips or events that require a paid ticket, you will need to register via the event page on WesternLife and then you will be directed to a Onestop page to secure your spot. If you are having trouble finding the payment page, you can also head to Onestop, click on “Western Sydney University Payments” > “Campus Life” and search through the event listing to find the one relevant for you!