- How to Apply
- - Arts Courses
- - Business Courses
- Creative Industries Courses
- - Bachelor of Creative Industries
- - Bachelor of Communication/Bachelor of Creative Industries
- - Bachelor of Communication
- - Bachelor of Communication (Dean's Scholars)
- - Bachelor of Communication / Bachelor of Business
- - Bachelor of Communication / Bachelor of International Studies
- - Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Creative Industries
- - Bachelor of Communication / Bachelor of Laws
- - Bachelor of Graphic Design / Pathway to Teaching Secondary
- - Bachelor of Design / Bachelor of Creative Industries
- - Bachelor of Design - Visual Communication (Dean's Scholars)
- - Bachelor of Design (Visual Communication)
- - Bachelor of Music (Dean's Scholars)
- - Bachelor of Music
- - Bachelor of Music / Bachelor of Creative Industries
- - Bachelor of Screen Media (Arts and Production)
- - Engineering, Information and Communications Technology Courses
- - Health and Sport Sciences Courses
- - Law Courses
- - Medicine Courses
- - Nursing and Midwifery Courses
- - Criminology and Policing Courses
- - Psychology Courses
- - Sciences Courses
- - Social Sciences Courses
- - Teaching and Education Courses
- - Tourism and Urban Planning Courses
- - Bachelor of Applied Leadership and Critical Thinking Courses
- - Bachelor of Data Science Courses
- Postgraduate Courses
- Graduate Research Courses
- College Courses
- Pathways to Western Sydney University
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education
- Why Western Sydney University?
- Life at Uni
- Information for Parents
- Information for Careers Advisers
- Events at Western Sydney University
- Contact Western Sydney University
Bachelor of Design / Bachelor of Creative Industries
|Delivery Mode||On campus|
|Duration||4F / 8P|
|Intake Information||Autumn (Semester 1); Spring (Semester 2)|
|Apply Direct Code||1839.1|
|UAC Code||720733 [Parramatta]|
|Entrance Rank||78.70 [Parramatta]|
Local Course Fees (opens in a new window)
Key : F = Full time study, P = Part time study, A = Accelerated full time study
Part-time refers to study load, not to timetabling of evening classes.
This combined degree offers you a unique opportunity to gain the creative and business skills necessary to prosper in the contemporary innovation landscape.
Underpinned by a foundation of graphic design, the Bachelor of Design (Visual Communication) gives you fundamental skills and knowledge in the exciting and constantly changing area of visual communication.
The Creative Industries component combines a core of entrepreneurship with major studies including culture and society, creative writing, design, enterprise innovation, journalism, literature, media arts, music performance and photo media.
The course is design or those who wish to pursue a creative practice while gaining the business and legal acumen to become a successful part of the creative economy on their own terms.
Note, this course is subject to final approval.
Instructions for international applications are available on the International Admissions pages.
Western Sydney University has been ranked in the Top 150 Universities for Communication and Media Studies, in this year's QS World University Rankings by Subject.
Young Universities in the World Times higher education
Universities in the world Times higher education
Teacher of the Year Prime Minister's Award