- About us
- Contact us
- Office of Estate and Commercial
- Project Management Office
Office of Strategy, Business Development and Procurement
- - Category Management
- - Procurement, Asset & Equipment
- - Procurement processes
- - Purchase requisitions and contracts
- - Fleet Management
- - Procurement forms and templates
- - Contact Us
- - IT Procurement
- - Travel and Expense Management System (TEMS)
- - Contractor / Consultant Expressions Of Interest
- Western Growth
Disposal of IT Equipment
Procurement, Asset and Equipment (PAE) is pleased to provide the disposal of University owned (non-leased) IT assets. Assets come in the form of leased and non-leased. If you are unsure about the category of your asset, please contact PAE on ext 1487. One of our friendly team members will assist you.
All leased IT assets must be returned to the lessor at lease end, and are not included in the processes described below. If you would like to know more about leased assets, more information can be found at the Leasing of Computer Equipment page. As much as we would like to assist in the disposal of privately owned equipment, it is the responsibility of the owner.
PAE has engaged an external disposal agent to dispose of non-leased assets.
The disposal agent collects the items from the university. Devices are broken up and recycled into new products. Help us be green by not disposing of electronic items in standard bins, as they may release toxins into the environment when decomposing.
Equipment marked for disposal is to be stored by the requesting department until collection arrangements are confirmed by PAE.
Download and complete the IT Non-leased Asset Disposal form (MS Excel, 92Kb) (opens in a new window):
- Include all equipment you wish to dispose of. Add extra lines if required.
- Email the completed form to a CAT 6 delegated officer for approval. Only the following positions have delegation to approve asset disposals:
- Deputy Vice Chancellors
- Director Finance
- Executive Deans
- After obtaining approval, please forward the email containing the approval, along with the completed spreadsheet to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject IT ASSET DISPOSAL - APPROVED. If the approval email is not sent to PAE, the process may be significantly delayed.
What happens next?
- PAE checks the disposal list to ensure assets are not disposed of unnecessarily. Alternative strategies may be recommended, especially if assets are simply surplus.
- PAE removes computing asset from the asset register. If you are disposing of a non-computing electrical asset, your unit remains responsible for having the item removed from the asset register.
What if I wish to purchase some of this equipment myself?
Unfortunately this isn't possible. For more information please refer to the University's Asset Management Policy, which may be found in the University's Policy pages.
For further enquiries relating to asset disposal, please email us at email@example.com, or call on (02) 4570 1487 (ext 1487)