University Awards Archive
- 2019 Winners
- - Excellence in Research Interdisciplinary Team Award
- - Citations for Outstanding Contribution to Student Learning
- - Early Learning Ltd Excellence Award
- - Research Excellence Through Partnership
- - The College Award for Excellence
- - Excellence as an Early Career Researcher
- - Excellence in Research (Researcher of the Year)
- - Excellence in Leadership
- - Excellence in University Engagement and Sustainability
- - Excellence in Posgraduate Research, Training and Supervision
- - Excellence in Professional Service
- - Learning & Teaching - Excellence in Teaching
- - Vice-Chancellor's Professional Development Scholarships
- - 2018 Winners
- - 2017 Winners
- - 2016 Winners
- - 2019 Winners
Early Learning Ltd Excellence Award
Katelyn Parkyns, Director, Western Sydney University Early Learning Ltd, Campbelltown Campus
Katelyn is a leader and champion for Early Learning. Katelyn advocates for continual learning and growth and encourages the educators in her team to undergo professional development to ensure they are up to date with the latest research and trends. Katelyn undergoes her own continuum of ongoing
professional development and uses strategies of personal reflection to assist her in developing her own objectives and goals for future learning. She continues to expand her skills and knowledge to lead the team towards success. Katelyn ensures that professional standards guide her practices and the practice of the educators at the Campbelltown service at all times.
Katelyn’s initiative and engagement with staff continually provokes critical thinking of their practices. As a result Katelyn continues to build a team of inspired and confident Educators who in turn plan and provide an engaging service environment in which all of the children are supported and inspired to explore and learn.
Under Katelyn's guidance the children at WSUELL Campbelltown are consistently provided with a wide range of physical health and development opportunities that they otherwise may not have access too. These opportunities are above and beyond the service program, are developed and
implemented by specialists and professionals in the physical activity industry and are managed by Katelyn within the service budget. It is Katelyn's time, commitment and dedication to coordinating these additional programs for the children which helps to lay the foundations of ensuring every child develops positive health and wellbeing for a lifetime of success.
Katelyn is a passionate Educator and a dedicated Service Director who exudes a great commitment to the children and to the families in care and also to the staff who work alongside her. Katelyn's role as a leader only strengthens the service outcomes and supports every child’s access, inclusion and participation in the service program.
- Dannielle Azzopardi, Western Sydney University, Early Learning Ltd, Penrith Campus
- Alyssa Campbell, Western Sydney University Early Learning Ltd, Bankstown Campus
- Catherine Dunk, Western Sydney University, Early Learning Ltd, Hawkesbury Campus
- Nicole Johnson, Western Sydney University Early Learning Ltd, Blacktown Campus
- Silvana Quiroz, Western Sydney University, Early Learning Ltd, Parramatta Campus