Join the Community
The eResearch team is committed to providing support for various eResearch groups and forums.
We are available to present to institute or school research meetings and are often invited to attend various meetings and training events for research students and research staff. Throughout 2015 our aim is to provide a range of engagement opportunities along the following lines:
- Regular High Performance Computing (HPC) meet-ups with outside speakers from service providers such as Intersect and researchers who are making use of HPC.
- A Reproducible Research interest group where researchers and research students can discuss ways to make research as 'redoable' as possible, looking at data and code management and how to publish re-runnable research outcomes.
- An Open Access interest / advocacy group for those concerned with making Western Sydney University research more equitably available.
- Thesis writing technology support 'circles'.
- Software carpentry (opens in a new window) introductions for scientific and humanities computing.
These are just some ideas that have occurred to us – email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any suggestions.
We will be starting to build up a series of exemplar case studies showing eResearch in action at Western Sydney University – if you're involved in one of our successful eResearch projects, please get in touch and we can promote your work here.