- Bullying Prevention
- Cultural Diversity
- Gender Equality
- Open Fora
- Sexuality and Gender Diversity
- Western Panel Pledge
- Equity and Diversity Working Parties
Ally Training Workshop
The Ally Training workshop aims to provide staff and students with details about the role and expectations of being a University Ally, as well as background information on the diversity of sexual and gender expression, the issues and needs of LGBTIQ staff and students, and concepts such as homophobia and heterosexism.
Refreshments are provided, including a light lunch.
This workshop will enable participants to:
- understand the Ally Program, its aims and purpose
- have an understanding of what it means to be an Ally at Western Sydney University
- be aware of the issues faced by the LGBTIQ community
- awareness of the language/definitions of the LGBTIQ culture
- understanding of sexual prejudice and heterosexism
- self-awareness in relation to being an Ally
Upcoming Training Sessions
|Monday 13 August 2018||9:30am - 2:30pm||Room 2.G.03, Bankstown Campus|
|Thursday 11 October 2018||9:30am - 2:30pm||Frogmore House, Werrington North Campus|
To register for Ally Training, staff must do so on MyCareer Online; students need to contact Melinda Blackmore.