Doctor Sev Ozdowski
- Awards and Recognition
- Engagement Interests
- Contact Details
Since 2006 Director, Equity and Diversity, Western Sydney University and Adjunct Professor, Centre of Peace and Conflict Studies, University of Sydney.
2000-2005 Australian Human Rights Commissioner and Disability Discrimination Commissioner, Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission (HREOC).
1996-2000 CEO, South Australian Office of Multicultural and International Affairs, Adelaide.
1987-1996 Senior Adviser and A/g Assistant Secretary, Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet, Canberra.
1980-1986 Principal Project Officer/Director, Attorney Generals Department, Canberra.
1971-1973 Research Officer, Institute of Legal Studies, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland
2008 Graduate, Australian Institute of Company Directors (GACID), Sydney
1989-90 Australian Public Service Executive Development Scheme (placements in Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Parliament House and BHP-Utah Minerals International)
1984-86 Harkness Fellowship, USA (Harvard, Georgetown and Berkeley Universities)
1982 Doctor of Philosophy, University of New England, Armidale, Australia
1974-75 Postgraduate Studies in Development, University of Hamburg, Germany
1974 Diploma of German Language, Volkshochschule, Hamburg, Germany
1973 Masters of Arts (Hons.) in Sociology, A. Mickiewicz University, Poznan, Poland
Awards and Recognition
- 2016 Member (AM) in the General Division of the Order of Australia
- 2007 Officers Cross of the Order of Merit of the Republic of Poland
- 2005 Solidarity 25th Anniversary Medal awarded by the Republic of Poland
- 2005 FECCA 25th Anniversary Medal for Contribution to Australian Multiculturalism
- 2004 Doctor of Social Science Honoris Causa, RMIT University, Melbourne
- 2000 Chevalier of the Order of Merit of the Republic of Poland
- 1995 Order of Australia Medal
- Member, Western Sydney University Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment and Engagement Advisory Board (since 2008)
- Director/Board Member, Chain Reaction Foundation (since 2007)
- President, Australian Chapter, World Organization to Investigate the Persecution of Falun Gong (since 2007)
- President, Australian Council for Human Rights Education (since 2006)
- Patron, Social Firms Australia Ltd (since 2005)
- Patron, Chances for Children, Mildura, Vic (since 2001)
- Trustee, South Australian Business Vision 2010 VIVA SA (since 1998)
- Founding Member Australian Institute of Polish Affairs (1998)
- Member, Rotary International (since 1994)
- Founding Member, Australia Poland Business Council (since 1983)
- Doctor Sev Ozdowski (opens in a new window)