- Bullying Prevention
- Cultural Diversity
- Gender Equality
- Open Fora
- Sexuality and Gender Diversity
- Western Panel Pledge
- Equity and Diversity Working Parties
- Western Sydney University Black Lives Matter Pledge
International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women
25 November marks the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women. It was established by the United Nations General Assembly on 17 December 1999.
Violence against women is an ugly reality and the leading contributor of death and illness among women aged between 15 and 44 in Australia.
If you witness violence against women do something about it.
- Everyone can challenge stereotypes
- Everyone can call out sexist attitudes
- Speak out if you hear excuses for violence or victim blaming
- Spread the word that violence is never an option or a solution and there is NO excuse
- Promote gender equality
Western Sydney University supports taking a stand and saying no to violence against women.
For more information please visit
Our Watch - Australian Government Initiative (opens in a new window)
White Ribbon Campaign (opens in a new window)
UN Women Australia (opens in a new window)
ABC Article - The Pressure from Within: How our communities may exacerbate family violence (opens in a new window)