- Bullying Prevention
- Cultural Diversity
- Gender Equality
- Open Fora
- Sexuality and Gender Diversity
- E&D Working Parties
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment & Engagement
Western Sydney University is committed to increasing the representation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples at all levels of the University workforce. The University was the first in the sector to establish an Office of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment and Engagement (OATSIEE) and are recognised by the Federal Government as an exemplar of best practice in the building of professional pathways, responding to community need, research and University culture and governance.
- maximise employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people's at Western Sydney University and beyond
- build collaborative networks and commercial partnerships within the Greater Western Sydney region
- listen and give voice to the issues being raised by the communities in Greater Western Sydney where these impact on the University and its future
OATSIEE has developed an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment and Engagement Action Plan which seeks to attract, retain and support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. The team for this project, includes the Director, Equity and Diversity. The project consists of:
The Badanami Education Centre at Western Sydney University provides a range of services for staff, students and community members in accessing higher education. The Centre has an office located on each University campus.
The Reconciliation Statement is a formal declaration of the University's commitment to the reconciliation process.
- AustLII website - Indigenous Law Resources (opens in a new window)
- Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies website (opens in a new window)
- NSW Office of Communities Aboriginal Affairs website (opens in a new window)
- Reconciliation Australia website (opens in a new window)