- Professional Expertise
- News & Events
- Research Projects
- Elder Law Review (ELR)
- Elder Law Subject
- Resources & Publications
Elder Law Review (ELR)
The Elder Law Review is an independent refereed e-journal produced by Elder Law at Western Sydney University. It is the only Australian journal concerned with Elder Law. The Review publishes articles about legal issues relating to seniors in all areas of law, including wills, powers of attorney, substitute decision-making, guardianship, discrimination, accommodation, contracts, financial management, retirement income, taxation and property.
The Review is multi-disciplinary, bringing together professionals working, researching and writing in the aged care area. It is designed to be of interest to academics, practitioners and those involved in the provision of aged care.
The Review aims to:
- raise the profile of Elder Law within the Australian community;
- provide a forum for discussion and debate about legal issues relating to Australian seniors;
- keep readers abreast of recent developments in Elder Law;
- emphasize the importance of providing adequate legal protection to the most vulnerable members of the community;
- examine the aged care sector in the broader context of human rights; and
- subject the actions of government and industry to scrutiny and analysis.
- current edition
- Elder Law Review Special Issue Call for Submissions