The Education to Employment Toolkit is designed for graduates with disability as well as employment and career services assisting finishing students and recent graduates with disability of Vocational Education and Training or Higher Education courses.
Employment outcomes for graduates with disability have been historically poor and there are changes that can be readily made to achieve improvements.
The Toolkit is aimed at overcoming key barriers, such as:
- Lack of understanding of the transition needs of graduates with disability by employment and career services
- Weak linkages between employment and career services.
- Employers' reluctance to recruit graduates who have a disability and lack of awareness about technology and supports available to assist.
The Toolkit covers facts, tips and practical advice on:
- Transition planning for finishing students and graduates into qualified employment.
- The needs of graduates with disability and graduate employers.
- Managing disability issues and statutory obligations in graduate employment.
- Services and programs supporting graduates and employers.
Education to Employment Toolkit
- Section 1 - Who are graduates with disability and what are their needs?
- Section 2 - Who are graduate employers and what are their needs?
- Section 3 - What is a Disability Employment Service?
- Section 4 - What is a tertiary education career service?
- Section 5 - What are the key disability legal rights and obligations in graduate employment?
- Section 6 - What are inherent requirements in graduate employment?
- Section 7 - What are workplace adjustments in graduate employment?
- Section 8 - How does disability disclosure work in graduate employment?
- Section 9 - What services and programs are available to support graduates with disability and their employers?
- Section 10 - Further Information: A list of agencies, websites and other resources
- Section 11 - A 10 Step Plan - negotiating workplace adjustments
- Section 12 - Communicating Effectively with people with disability
- Section 13 - When to disclose at work.