Learning Futures oversees WSU Online (opens in a new window) to deliver a high-touch student engagement and support model in an advanced digital environment. Key elements of our dedicated online model include:
- Learning science and instructional design support is provided to our academic staff to maximise the potential of the courses or units to attract and engage students;
- We ensure materials conform to best practices for accessibility and cognitive load management for all learners;
- All assessments are reviewed to maximise efficacy in an online modality;
- Immediate, corrective feedback and student support services are provided to all participants;
- Evidence of key tenets of intrinsic (student) motivation are built into the course or unit;
- The Quality Matters (QM) rubric is applied to provide a quantified benchmark for our own online development work.