- Applying to study
- New to Uni
- Important dates
- Fees and costs
- The Academy
Services and facilities
- - Student Central
- - Workshops, programs and online resources
- - Counselling Service
- - Disability Service
- - Student Welfare Service
- - Special Consideration
- - Student Legal Services
- - Chaplaincy
- - Student Representation & Participation
- - Student Academic Committees
- - International student support
- - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander student support
- - Student Stores
- - Online student support
- - Student facilities
- - Support for Student Veterans
- Online systems
- Student Misconduct Rule
- Semi Permanent Unlimited Live
- Western Digital Story Telling Project
Elite Athlete Friendly University
What is the EAFU program?
The Elite Athlete Friendly University (EAFU) program is an initiative of the Australian Sports Commission that allows Australia's elite athletes to achieve academic excellence while also pursuing a sporting career. The value of combining both sport and higher education to achieve greater life success is well recognised across the university and sporting sectors.
What does that mean at Western Sydney University?
Western Sydney University is part of the EAFU program and has developed the Elite Athlete Support and Assistance Program (EASAP) to provide practical support for elite athletes studying at Western Sydney University.
The aim of EASAP is to assist elite athlete students in balancing their sporting commitments and their studies. The Student Welfare Service is responsible for the implementation and delivery of EASAP on behalf of The University.
Who can I talk to about EAFU and EASAP?
The University has an EAFU contact person, who can provide:
- support in negotiating flexibility to meet academic requirements
- advocacy within the University environment
- support in negotiating and/or implementing cross-institutional study or credit transfer arrangements
If you are a student athlete who needs assistance or would like to know more about either the EAFU or EASAP, please contact Carmel Votano, Student Welfare Officer on email@example.com.
Check out the scholarships webpage for information about sporting scholarships, or contact Brendan Hoey on 4620 3395 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out about the Sports Scholarship.