If you need accommodation support or advice, book an appointment with the Student Welfare Service via WesternNow or 1300 668 370 (option 4 then option 1). Our dedicated Accommodation Officer can provide you with an overview of the options available.

Student Accommodation

On Campus Living

Western Sydney University offers a wide range of on-campus living options, offering high quality, affordable accommodation and a balanced living and learning environment. The benefits of living on campus include 24/7 support and access to library and recreational facilities.

To explore the accommodation options available, visit our external provider Campus Living Villages. Accommodation is available at Parramatta, Penrith, Bankstown, Campbelltown and Nirimba campuses.

There are several different contracts available ranging from three to 12 months. Consider a short-term contract if you’re not certain about living on campus long-term, as there are fees associated with breaking your residential agreement.

Campus Living Villages also offers Accommodation Scholarships for international students commencing studies in 2022

Off Campus Living

If you’re interested in living close to campus, check out rental listings on popular websites: - Search for rental properties by suburb - Search for rental properties by suburb - Search for places to rent and set up rental alerts for suitable accommodation - Search for share accommodation - Affordable Housing for Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents

These sites are external to the University.

It’s important to consider set-up costs when developing your budget for a private rental, such as bond, connection to utilities, and the purchase of furniture and whitegoods.

Support for Renters

Ensure that you’re well informed when entering into any sort of tenancy agreement.

Tenants Advice and Advocacy Service -  Provides information about your rights and obligations when renting.

Student Legal Services - Legal advice for Western Sydney University students facing tenancy issues.

Fair Trading NSW - Government webpage with information and resources for tenants in NSW, including a series of short videos which explore common rental issues in multiple languages.

Share House Survival Guide - Provides practical and legal information for those living in share house arrangements.

Homestay Accommodation

Homestay accommodation provides international students with the opportunity to live and interact with an Australian host family. Short-term and long-term contracts are available; the minimum stay is generally four weeks.

Accommodation includes a single or shared room in a private home and generally most meals are provided.

For more information on Homestay options visit:

Homestay Network

Global Experience

If you’re a student visa holder under 18 years of age and applying to study at the University under a Welfare Arrangement visit our Under 18 student page for further information on accommodation arrangements.

Emergency Accommodation

There may be times due to circumstances beyond your control when you find yourself without somewhere to stay.

We may be able assist you with short-term crisis accommodation and financial support. Contact the Student Welfare Service via WesternNow or 1300 668 370 (option 4 then option 1).

Link2home - A 24/7 state-wide telephone service providing information, assessment, and referral to specialist homelessness services, temporary accommodation, and other appropriate services for people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.

Ask Izzy - Provides information regarding housing support services in your local area.

Housing NSW - Can assist Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents to find or keep housing, to apply for private rental assistance or social housing, and to understand the rights and responsibilities of the tenant.