- Applying to study
- New to Uni
- Important dates
- Fees and costs
Services and facilities
- - Student Central
- - Workshops, programs and online resources
- - Counselling Service
- - Disability Service
- - Student Welfare Service
- - Special Consideration
- - Student Legal Services
- - Chaplaincy
- - Student Representation & Participation
- - Student Academic Committees
- - International student support
- - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander student support
- - Online student support
- - Student facilities
- Online systems
- Exams and results
- Semi Permanent Unlimited Live
- Western Digital Story Telling Project
- Inside The Academy
Student Support Services provide programs and services for our students from a range of backgrounds, as well as advice for staff about their student equity responsibilities.
We also have an Equity and Diversity unit that encourages fairness and respect, and social and cultural diversity.
Please direct any questions to:
The office of the Director, Student Support Services on (02) 4736 0642.
The 1990 Federal Government paper 'A Fair Chance for All' identified five equity groups requiring assistance to achieve equitable participation in higher education. The equity target groups include:
- Students from Low Socio-Economic Status (LSES) backgrounds
- Students with a Disability
- Students from Non-English Speaking Backgrounds (NESB)
- Students from Rural or Isolated Areas
- Women in Non-Traditional Areas of Study
Current funding through the Higher Education Participation and Partnership Program (HEPPP) is provided to the University as a percentage of student load related to LSES.
Submissions related to this funding can be made as part of the University's budget process at any time during the year. A submission must focus on programs related to students from LSES backgrounds.
Commonwealth equity scholarships
Two new scholarships, the 'Start Up' and 'Relocation' Scholarships, were introduced by the Commonwealth Government for tertiary students and will be processed by Centrelink (opens in a new window).