- Applying to study
- New to Uni
- Important dates
- Fees and costs
- The Academy
Services and facilities
- - Student Central
- - Workshops, programs and online resources
- - Counselling Service
- - Disability Service
- - Student Welfare Service
- - Special Consideration
- - Student Legal Services
- - Chaplaincy
- - Student Representation & Participation
- - Student Academic Committees
- - International student support
- - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander student support
- - Online student support
- - Student facilities
- Online systems
- Student Misconduct Rule
- Exams and results
- Semi Permanent Unlimited Live
- Western Digital Story Telling Project
Staff ID Cards
As a Western Sydney University staff member you’ll need a Staff ID card for the duration of your employment.
You should have your staff card with you whenever you are on a Western campus. Your staff ID is used for swipe access to buildings, library and photocopier services, and for identification purposes while on campus.
How do I get my Staff ID card?
New Staff Members
Visit any Student Central to get your brand new Staff ID card. You need to bring one of the following forms of photo identification, which includes your name and date of birth, when obtaining your ID card. Valid forms of identification are:
- Current Australian Driver Licence
- Current International Driver Licence (provided it is in English, with correct name, photo, and date of birth)
- NSW Photo Card
- Current Passport
You can print and bring a completed ID Card Application Form when you visit Student Central, alternatively there are forms available at each location for you to complete.
For swipe access you will need to visit a Campus Safety & Security counter with a signed building access form for specific room access.
If your card is lost, stolen, malfunctioning, expired, or if you have changed your name, no fee applies.
To obtain your replacement card, you may use our new Online Replacement ID Card Form and collect it from a Campus Safety & Security counter of your choosing.
To ensure that Student Central issues your Replacement Staff ID card correctly, please follow the steps below:
- Submit your online form with the correct details
- Select the campus that you want to pick up your printed staff ID card from
- Check your staff email account for the outcome of your application
- When your card is ready for collection head to Campus Safety and Security at your selected campus to collect your replacement ID card
Please allow 2 working days for us to process your application. To be eligible you must have already had a Staff ID Card in the past and your contract must be up to date in the ID Card system. This means for contract and casual staff we will only be able to issue your card once your new contract expiry date is reflected.
Due to privacy reasons, we are only able to issue the ID card to the staff member to whom the card belongs to.
Your replacement card will have the same room access as your existing card upon collection. Your access on the existing card will no longer be valid.
If you require a card urgently you may go to any Student Central location for card issuance.
Need more information?
For more information please contact the Student Infoline on 1300 668 370 (Monday – Friday), email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit any of our centres.
For further assistance with the Online Replacement ID Card Form you can refer to our user guide or get in touch with us.