- Applying to study
- New to Uni
- Important dates
- Fees and costs
- The Academy
Services and facilities
- - Student Central
- - Workshops, programs and online resources
- - Academic Literacy Support
- - Counselling Service
- - Disability Service
- - Student Welfare Service
- - Special Consideration
- - Student Legal Services
- - Chaplaincy
- - Student Representation & Participation
- - Student Academic Committees
- - International student support
- - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander student support
- - Student Stores
- - Online student support
- - Student facilities
- - Support for Student Veterans
- - TalkCampus
- Online systems
- Student Misconduct Rule
- Semi Permanent Unlimited Live
- Western Digital Story Telling Project
Applying for extensions with an AIP
If extensions are one of your stated Academic Integration Plan (AIP) adjustments and you need to apply for an extension on the basis of your disability/health condition, you need to complete the following steps:
- Submit your request for an assessment extension via WesternNow. The form can be lodged before, or no later than 5:00pm; two working days after the due date of the assessment task.
- Complete the 'Request for Extension' online form in the WesternNow Student Portal (My Study > Exams and Assessments > Extension for assessments), select “I have an Academic Integration Plan” option in the Reason for extension drop down menu. Link to form: Extension for assessments
- You do NOT need to attach any medical documentation as you have ‘extensions’ as one of your AIP adjustments
- Attach a copy of your AIP
- IMPORTANT: Continue to work on the assignment while waiting on a response and submit it as soon as possible.
- The AIP can only be utilised for the first extension request on an assignment.
- Submit your assessment either before or on the new negotiated due date.
- If you are late in applying for an extension, or are unable to complete the assignment by the extended due date, then a Special Consideration needs to be submitted with supporting medical documentation.
Please note: if your application refers to extenuating circumstances that are not related to your disability or chronic health condition, your AIP will not be sufficient evidence and you will also need to provide further documentation as per the Assessment Policy on assignment extensions.
Your unit coordinator will advise the outcome of your request for an extension via your student email address, as soon as is practicable. The unit coordinator may contact you to discuss the matter further, if necessary.
If you have submitted your extension application on time and you have any issues with approval or negotiating the extension with the academic staff member, contact your Disability Advisor. If your application was not submitted within the required timeframe i.e. before 5:00pm two working days after the due date, you will need to obtain the unit coordinators permission to submit a late special consideration application. Please refer to the Special Consideration webpage for more information.
Printable information sheets:
- Applying for extensions with an AIP [PDF, 141.96 KB] (opens in a new window)
- Applying for special consideration with an AIP [PDF, 369.81 KB](opens in a new window)
- Exams and AIP exam adjustments [PDF, 445.55 KB] (opens in a new window)
- Working with a Notetaker [PDF, 381.09 KB] (opens in a new window)
- Working with a Practical Assistant [PDF, 373.49 KB] (opens in a new window)
- Working with a Reader [PDF, 388.76 KB] (opens in a new window)
- Working with a Sign Language Interpreter [PDF, 355.55 KB] (opens in a new window)
Western Sydney The College:
- Applying for extensions with an AIP - WSTC [PDF, 369.1 KB] (opens in a new window)
- Applying for special consideration with an AIP - WSTC [PDF, 400.41 KB] (opens in a new window)