- Applying to study
- New to Uni
- Important dates
- Fees and costs
- Services and facilities
- Online systems
- Exams and results
- Semi Permanent Unlimited Live
- Western Digital Story Telling Project
- Inside The Academy
How to join
Membership to The Academy is for high achieving students enrolled in an undergraduate degree.
There are various ways to become a member of The Academy.
New commencing students:
- Students who are studying an Advanced Degree at Western.
- Students enrolled in the Bachelor of Applied Leadership and Critical Thinking.
- Students who are part of the Academy Access Award or Academy Global Leaders Program.
- Students who achieved an ATAR of 90+.
Current Western students may be invited to join The Academy subject to the student:
- Achieving a GPA of 5.5 or more at the completion of the Autumn or Spring semester.
- Having at least 50 credit points remaining on their undergraduate degree. Students may enrol in the BALCT degree in order to meet this criterion.Eligible students will be invited to join The Academy. Invitations are sent out during the Spring and Autumn semesters. Students must accept their invitation within the required time and observe the guidelines of The Academy.
No late applications will be accepted.
Academy Continuing Conditions
- Members are required to maintain a grade point average of 5.5 in order to remain an Academy member.
- Members’ GPAs will be checked at the end of the Spring and Autumn semesters. If a student’s GPA is below 5.5 at the end of the Autumn or Spring session their Academy membership will discontinue.
- Students who were part of The Academy prior to 2019 will need to maintain a GPA of 5.0+.
- Once their GPA improves, and the student meets the eligibility requirements as outlined in the previous section, they will be invited again to join The Academy.
- Academy members must notify The Academy, using their student email account, if they transfer degrees, defer or discontinue their studies at Western Sydney University.
- Students who transfer from an Advanced degree to a non-advanced degree will be eligible to retain their Academy membership provided they maintain a GPA of 5.5 or higher.
- Students who defer their studies or take an exchange semester must notify The Academy to avoid dropping out of The Academy database.
General Protocols and Guidelines
Members are expected to abide by the University’s Student Code of Conduct at all times, particularly when representing The Academy and participating in Academy run workshops, internships, overseas programs and any other program and/or opportunity offered by The Academy.
Students may have their membership revoked for any breach of guidelines, including misconduct and Academic non-compliance.
The Academy Protocols and Guidelines are subject to change without notice.