Once you submit the form correctly, you will receive an automatic email confirming your submission. This email will include some helpful links to support services.
Continuing local students are eligible to apply for COVID-19 Student Assistance Support if they can show that their basic living needs and their continued study may be at risk due to extenuating circumstances due to the impact of the pandemic.
Western Sydney University has allocated a fixed pool of funding to allow us to provide financial support to assist with basic living expenses for local students who are facing serious financial distress as a result of COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Western Sydney University will determine eligibility for financial assistance. If a student is eligible, Western Sydney University will specify the amount of financial support provided to the student.
Applications will be assessed on a needs-basis at the time of application. The decision will be communicated to the student via their Western Sydney University student email account. The decision will be final, with no further correspondence.
This financial support is not income support and will not be provided to pay for ongoing expenses. This fund is designed to provide temporary, short-term, support only. This fund is not to be used to pay tuition costs. Western Sydney University is not liable for loss, damage or consequences that may ensue, if financial support is not able to be made within this timeframe due to errors during processing.
For eligible students, financial support is primarily in the form of grocery support. There is a capped amount of funds available to support a limited number of students experiencing extreme financial distress.
To be eligible for the COVID-19 Student Assistance Fund, continuing local students must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- - Enrolment in at least one unit (in the current or next major teaching session) at Western Sydney University, or studying full time in a higher degree research program;
- - Evidence of exceptional circumstances of financial hardship due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic arising from;
(significant reduction in hours of legal paid employment, or loss of legal paid employment due to a business shutdown)
- - Evidence of serious and unavoidable disruption in addition to impact of COVID-19 pandemic
- - A completed application, including supporting documents, is provided at the time of submission (incomplete applications will not be accepted).
Higher Degree Research students are ineligible for support once their thesis has been submitted for marking.
Students who are already in receipt of Government Support payments will not be eligible for support.
* Student Name
* Student ID
* Student Email Address
(you must enter your Western student email address i.e. @student.westernsydney.edu.au)
* Local Student
Impact of COVID-19
* How have you been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic?
Please choose all applicable.
(Please note, you will need to provide supporting documentation for each circumstance selected. For assistance in finding relevant supporting documentation, please see the Supporting Documentation webpage (opens in a new window)).
|If 'Housing was selected above, are you in a formal tenancy arrangement?|
|If 'Other', please complete|
* Please expand on how COVID-19 has impacted you? (Based on the circumstances chosen).
(maximum 500 words)
Apart from the COVID-19 situation, is there anything else impacting on your studies or your financial situation – a serious and unavoidable disruption?
(maximum 300 words)
Please complete the following information about your current income and expenditure every two weeks (if the amount is zero dollars please put 0):
* Mobile / Internet
* Electricity / Gas / Water
(Opal Card, petrol)
* Loan Payments
(including credit cards, loans, Afterpay, Zip Pay, Store Cards)
* Childcare Costs
* Medical Expenses
(health, home, contents, car)
* Other Living Expenses
All applications must include supporting documentation. Applications submitted without ALL required supporting documentation will be declined.
Any document attached must be:
- - in PDF form
- - no larger than 4 MB.
At a minimum you must attach:
* MANDATORY: Bank statement from the last 6 months to the date of application for ALL accounts in your name. Please note: Your application cannot be assessed without these bank statements.
(Uploaded file must be a PDF and no larger than 4 MB)
Other supporting documents including:
- - Work-related documentation e.g. payslips – please provide 3 most recent payslips, a letter from your employer saying there is no more work for you
- - Housing documentation evidence of your formal tenancy arrangement
- - Any other supporting documentation - For assistance in finding relevant supporting documentation, please see the Supporting Documentation webpage (opens in a new window)
(Uploaded file must be a PDF and no larger than 4 MB)
During assessment of your application the Assessor may ask you to provide additional information, which may include bank statements of your partner. You will be required to submit the additional information via email. Assessment of your application will cease until further information is provided.
Distribution of Financial Support
The University has engaged DiviPay to distribute financial support to eligible students. Should the University decide to support a student with food or housing, the University will share your Student ID, student email address and your name with DiviPay.
DiviPay will send you a sign on email to verify your details and ask you to provide some documentation. After you complete the sign on process, you will receive a virtual card with an allocated sum of money to support your food and/or housing needs. In the Declaration Section of the application form, if you do not accept the Privacy Disclosure and Consent (PDF, 341.28 KB) (opens in a new window), you must contact the Student Assistance Fund at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss alternative payment arrangements.
* I have read and understood the Local Students COVID-19 Student Assistance Support eligibility and application process
* I acknowledge and confirm that the information on this form including supporting documents attached are true and correct to the best of my knowledge as at the date of submission
* I understand that any financial assistance provided to me is short-term only and is dependent on the availability of funds. Submitting an application or recommendation for financial assistance by Western Sydney University does not guarantee that financial assistance will be granted
* I understand that any financial assistance I receive will be distributed by a third party (DiviPay) and that the University will share with the third party my; Student ID #, student email address and name. I acknowledge that I must advise email@example.com should I wish to discuss alternative payment arrangements
I consent to the University Student Financial Assistance Privacy Disclosure and Consent (PDF, 341.28 KB) (opens in a new window). I understand if I do not consent to the disclosure statement I will have the opportunity to seek alternative arrangement and will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
* I understand that any personal or health information shared will be treated as confidential and in a way which complies with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 and/or the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 (NSW), as well as the Western Sydney University policies relating to privacy. I am aware that any information I provide and notes taken in relation to the financial support I receive through the Local Students COVID-19 Student Assistance Support initiative will be stored in a secure case management system which may be accessed by the Assessment Team for this initiative and the Student Wellbeing Team (student support provided by Counselling, Disability and Welfare services)
* I understand that the University may disclose my personal or health information without my consent if:
- - A court issues a subpoena
- - There is reasonable belief that there is a serious and imminent threat to my life or the life of another person
- - A law, or serious criminal activity, requires mandatory disclosure of information
* I have a right to make a formal complaint if I am dissatisfied with the way in which my personal or health information is collected, stored, used or disclosed
* I give permission for Western Sydney University to contact me in the future to seek feedback on the effectiveness and impact of any financial support provided