- Applying to study
- New to Uni
- Important dates
- - Advanced Standing
- - Adding, dropping and changing units
- - Special requirements
- - Re-enrolling
- - Summer Session
- - Tutorial Registration
- - Handbook
- - How to: Use the Handbook
- - Course and unit rules
- - Encumbrances
- - Changing your residency status
- - Transferring to a new course
- - Varying your course
- - Applying for leave or resigning from your course
- - Changing your personal details
- - Supporting documentation
- - Glossary of terms
- - Student responsibilities
- - Western Sydney University Online
- - Cancelled enrolment
- Fees and costs
- Services and facilities
- Online systems
- Exams and results
- Semi Permanent Unlimited Live
- Western Digital Story Telling Project
What is a Rule Waiver?
A Rule Waiver is a request to gain approval from your Director of Academic Program to enrol into a unit where you do not meet the unit rule/s.
All Rule Waiver Requests are now submitted via an online eForm.
When should I submit a Rule Waiver Request?
You should complete and submit a rule waiver request if you want to:
- Enrol in a unit that has requirements/rules you have not met.
- Enrol in more than the maximum permitted credit points for a session
- Enrol in a unit that is not at your home campus (not required for Summer Session).
- Enrol in a unit after the self-enrolment period of a session.
Student's on Conditional Enrolment cannot use a Rule Waiver to enrol in more credit points than their Conditional Enrolment allows.
For detailed information about course and unit rules visit the course and unit rules webpage.
How to complete an online Rule Waiver
- Click the 'Find Forms' button, then select 'Rule Waiver Request' from the list of online forms available
- The form will open as an Adobe PDF. You will need Adobe Acrobat on your PC for this to happen. Adobe Acrobat is freeware, which can be downloaded from Adobe
- Complete and submit the form online before the census date. A copy of your request will be emailed to you for your records
- You will receive an email advising you of the outcome of your request. Please allow seven working days for this to happen. Most requests will be completed much faster than this, but we need to allow time for your Director of Academic Program to assess your request. If your request is approved, you will automatically be enrolled in the unit. You do not have to go into MySR to add the unit
Rule Waiver applications can now be completed online via the eForm Portal.(opens in a new window)
Note for Mac users
You will need the following programs to access eForms:
- OS X v 10.4 x (PowerPC) or later
- Flash Player 9 or later
- Firefox 188.8.131.52 (or later) or Safari 3.0.0 (or later)
If you need further help completing your application, Student Central can help. You can email email@example.com, call the Student Central Infoline on 1300 668 370 or drop in to a Student Central on campus.