Information on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The COVID-19 global pandemic has created many challenges for our student and staff community in terms of study, work and social connection. During the ever-changing coronavirus situation, the health, safety and wellbeing of our students and staff has been our highest priority. We are continually reviewing all University operations; acting on the latest Australian Government, health authority and regulatory advice; taking all of the necessary precautions; and doing our part to slow the spread of the virus. For the latest on these measures, visit the News and Updates page.
As restrictions begin to ease, Western Sydney University is implementing its carefully managed four-stage return to campus plan, to gradually recommence teaching and learning and research activities on our campuses. Stage 1 of our plan sees the return of limited essential practicals and essential research activities on campus. For more information, visit the Return to campus page.
The University continues to operate in an online capacity while we carefully manage the transition back to campus. Our teaching and learning activities and study and support services continue to be available remotely and we have made changes to the spaces on our campuses to ensure physical distancing requirements – these include Study Halls that continue to be open and accessible for students who need to come on to campus to access a quiet space to study and use the Wi-Fi.
The University has established the following dedicated query lines for students and staff who are affected or have queries about the coronavirus.
If you have a media enquiry, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Discounted online short courses
The Federal Government is providing support for people to retrain or upskill during COVID-19. If you are a domestic student, you may be eligible to complete some courses at a discounted rate.
To see our full list of discounted courses or to register your interest, follow the link below.
- Information on novel coronavirus from NSW Health
- NSW Health's frequently asked questions on Novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
- The Australian Government Department of Health - Coronavirus (COVID-19) resources
- Download the official government ‘Coronavirus Australia’ app in the Apple App Store or Google Play, or join the WhatsApp channel on iOS or Android.
- World Health Organisation updates on novel coronavirus
- World Health Organisation – your questions answered
- Department of Education, Skills and Employment factsheets
- Australian Government Smart Traveller news and advice
- Information on the novel coronavirus for university and higher education students and staff arriving from mainland China from the Australian Government Department of Health(致 中国大陆 抵 澳高校学生及教职员工 的信息)
- Information on the novel coronavirus for universities and higher education facilities from the Australian Government Department of Health
- Austrade’s Study in Australia Weibo channel
- Austrade’s Study in Australia WeChat channel
- Western Sydney Local Health District’s Western Sydney Health Check podcast
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus) resources in languages other than English from NSW Health