Professional Staff Conference
2010 - 2016 Presentations
A complete listing of all presentations held at each Professional Staff Conference are listed below. If you wish to obtain a copy of a presentation, please contact Human Resources.
2010 - Building the UWS of tomorrow through innovation and collaboration
- Jenny Baines - Mental Health Initiatives at UWS
- Kelly Whitney & Saskia Kremer - Practise What you Preach: The Benefits of Integrating Student Work Experience into your Business Area
- Tanya Hobson - Embracing the Wiki/Blog Communication Tools: A Plan to Champion the Use of Confluence at UWS
- Darren Wilkins - Asset Management Across a Dispersed Environment
- Michael Macken & Amy Scott - Live Web Streaming
- Phil Ross & Lorraine Starr - The Role of School Administration in Supporting Sessional Staff in their Teaching and Learning Activities
- Trevor Allan & Amanda Johnson - Blind Bus Drivers - School of Nursing & Midwifery/Disability Services/Student Equity Inherent Requirements Joint Project
- Linda Williams - Child Care at UWS - How a Distant Relative has Become an Immediate Family Member - A Story of Reflection, Change, Collaboration and Commitment
- Roger Attwater - Platforms for Environmental Sustainability
- Monica Lantay - Empower Staff to Connect, Communicate and Collaborate Online
- Amanda Ellison - Access all Areas - Unveiling the Secrets of Admissions
- Jane Hobson & Mary Krone - The Path to Research Excellence is Paved with Good Data: A Good News Story
- Frank Hill, Lourdes Katague and Denise Shanahan - Collaboratively Building Harmony Amongst Chaos: A Supportive Work Place Innovation
- Phil Costley & Sarah Chaloner - IT Services - Engaging with the University
- Helen Fleming - The Thrills and Challenges of Being a University Lawyer
- Leslie Cowles - Frontline Leadership and Making Sense of Mission Statements
- Susan Henley - From and Acorn to a Tree - Growing the Position of PA to Head of School
- Janelle Davis - The Long and Winding Road - Stories of a Relationship Manager
- Peter Blunden & Luke Donlevy - How Capital Works & Facilities Use a Geographic Information
- Kerry Hudson - Beam me up Scottie!
2011 - Connections and Quality - Our People Making the Difference
- Darren Greentree & Jerry Koleth - Understanding cost structures to support fact based decision making
- Philip Costley & Vickie Robinson - Why on Earth? Getting the most from your office IT
- Neil Durrant & Kerrin Paterson - The right information to the right people at the right time
- Deborah Moldrich - The Contact Service Centre: Supporting outsourced customer service at UWS
- Leonid Grebennikov & Kim Jarvis - UWS online system for tracking and improving community engagement (TICE)
- Dr Sev Ozdowski - Working with Equity and Diversity for respect and inclusion at UWS
- Tosin Famakinwa - Internal client feedback on laboratory technical support at School of Engineering
- Darren Greentree - Financial Engagement through Technology Support
- Sue Bell & Elizabeth Dlugon - What is Orientation and transition? Ask us.
- Bob Burnell, Phillip Marler & Bev McSpadyen - Compass - Where are we now?
- Jennie Nelson - Professional development opportunities for professional staff: Thinking beyond UWS and beyond Australia
- Dr Shane Griffin - Challenges of surviving a laboratory renovation
- John Clifford - Organisational strength program
- Laura Haseldine - "Put me through to the human" - finding a balance between computerised and human interaction
- Rose Howson & Christine Booth - AHEGS: Building the puzzle - enhancing document quality
- Fiona Cameron - What's innovative at UWS? Lots!
- Kris Ambrose & Davorka Bilic - Managing UWS hazardous chemicals through Chemwatch
- Phil Clark - The next step on the procurement journey
- Andrew Lewandowski - Why can't I book that room?
- Mark Kearns & Catherine Fitzgerald - Joining the dots - connections to quality
- Dr Kerry Hudson - UWSCollege - opportunity and success for residents of UWS
- Dr Mithra Fernando - Technical service request (TSR) process
- David Sault - Financial engagement through financial sustainability
- Cheryl Murray - The benefits of a virtual newsletter
- Jen Dollin - SURFS up at UWS
2012 - Shaping the Future - from Vision to Action
- Kellie McNamara - Half a cup of coffee and dressing in the dark... Tales of a secondment
- Kerry Holling - Future directions in Information Technology
- Dawn Douglas - The importance of community engagement to advance student learning and other initiatives while contributing back to the community
- Leslie Cowles - What? When? Where? Nine Schools to rule them all
- Helen Angelakis - UWS Hawkesbury Riverfarm initiative
- Leone Cripps - Take Action! Shape your career... Engage in peer mentoring
- Shane Wharton & Gary Morgan - Next Practice: Ubiquitous Access Pilot
- Judy Holman - Living the Australian dream: the skillmax plus program
- Terri Bryson - Do our courses have professional accreditation?
- Paul Falzon - What is the University doing about transport and parking
- Jeffrey Har - The time is right: leadership and UWS Library
- Kathie Goldsworthy, Gina Saliba and Kate Alley - Have we got some vUWS for you?
- Jenny Baines - Creating a caring and inclusive UWS Community, how do we make this happen?
- Dr Ann Cheryl Armstrong - BTW WDYT abt chngng HE Timetables? RUUP4IT?
- Susan Channells - The first year experience: A UWSCollege perspective
- Lyndal McCulloch & Lauren Marsh - Managing Up: "With great power comes great responsibility" (Spiderman)
- Fiona Cameron - What's innovative at UWS? Lots!
- Steve Marsh - Innovation v Bureaucracy. Time to changes/Centuries the same
- Darren Greentree, John Clifford & Phil Clark - Finance and Procurement projects for 2012
- Richard Martino - Towards a new model for student representation
2013 - Connect, Collaborate, Celebrate
- Kerry Holling - The Benefits from the UWS IT Reform Agenda
- Judy Reading - Support for struggling students: Library Outreach Program
- Lyndal McCulloch - When information from the coalface falls on deaf ears
- Kathleen MacDonald & Jenny-Lee Heylen - How many research staff does it take to change a light bulb?
- Peter Eeles - UWS Campuses: Connecting with our region through development
- Susan Henley - Creating an Accreditation External Advisory Committee - Rome wasn't built in a day
- Emma Taylor & Dawn Wade - Recognising and understanding cultural diversity of UWS
- Tatiana Lozano - Preventing and responding to workplace bullying at UWS
- Michael Smith & Cathie Lester - Out Heritage - Now at your fingertips!
- Fiona Pacey - A shared endeavour - UWS School of Medicine Rural Clinical Schools
- Sarah Chaloner & Yuen Yuen Yip - Blended Learning - Space Matters
- Tracey Hanson & Sharon Short - First Year Student Contact officer (FYSCO) - from Acronym to action
- Glenn Martin - Ethics at work: We do that, don't we?
- Joann Flack & Larry Walls - Student Services and Amenities Fees
- Elissa Gale & Stephanie Moran - The fundraising Toolkit
- Jenelle Wilson & Angela MacDonald - The creation of a smooth running exam period
- Paul Jewell, Zoe Morley & Katherine Raper - Library Links: Twitter, Learning Objects, Reading Lists and Study Halls
- Susan Hudson - Applying for Scholarships and Awards - it's not that hard!
- Ann Cheryl Armstrong & Neville Ellis - Connect, Collaborate and Celebrate: Implementing an Extended Academic Year at UWS
- Glenn Ferguson and Eva Ing - Achieving the Impossible, Creating 8 Teaching spaces in 4 days.
2014 - Progress: From Opportunity to Achievement
- Kerrin Paterson - Improving communication in the workplace through the implementation of a UWS business glossary
- Stacey Fishwick - Estate Development: Achieving from Opportunity
- Sabrina Menendez & Sophie Buck - Silence is golden: implementing a new Tutorial System
- Jennifer Greer & Stephanie Moran - Take your research to the next level: Developing a marketing strategy for research
- Nicole Ison & Bernard Sobiesiak - Facilitating opportunity and achievement for staff and students with disability: Building our disability confidence
- Myra Vandine & Wendy Allan - Changing the conversation
- Ann Cheryl Armstrong, Vien Nguyen & Katrina White - From Opportunity to Achievement: a review of UWS Summer 2013/2014
- Joe Collins & Deborah Carr - the Who, What, Why and How of a $30M Scholarship Campaign
- Geza Karacsony - Barriers and bridges - networking, negotiating and nagging
- Kelly Lanfranca, Aggie Lim & Abigail Srinivasan - Actions speak louder than words: the MyVoice Journey and Achievements
- Jennifer Kensey - Supporting students in an ever changing world... how do we do it at UWS?
- Jim Micsko & Bronwyn Williams - Forward Thinking - From Primary School to University
- Edith Taylor & Kerry Cameron-Pratt - Complaints are an opportunity - resolving them is an achievement!
- Janelle Davis & Rose Cutts - What's the Plan? Make the difference with 'Making the Difference'
- Paul Macmullen & Xinni Du - Brewing a special blend
- Leanne Yard & Susan Channells - The UWSCollege Model: A Holistic Approach, it takes a community to raise a University student!
2015 - Building Collaborative Cultures
- Danielle Roddick - Moving towards user-centric, collaborative websites at UWS
- Hannah McLean - Dealing with Difficult Students: the Final Frontier
- Linda Nixon & Emma Boddington - The New Penrith Library - a Journey of Discovery
- Steve Roberts & Kylie Stewart - Who you gunna Call!
- Nicole Swanson & Linda Watson - Would you show Nan? A collaborative project
- Lisa Hanlon, Alphia Possamai-Inesedy, Melissa Maucort & Dominique Spice - Master of Research: an example of successful collaboration
- Marlies Shaw - Skinned knees and group hugs. What we learned about culture
- Rochelle Finlay - Get REDI to Collaborate!
- Carolyn Massingham, Nicole Swanson & Melissa O'Leary - Connect, collaborate, innovate: the benefits of Yammer at UWS
- Kerri Heavens & Cossette Casorz - Working together to Get the Job done
- Paul Hardaker & Sarah Chaloner - Walking in Each Other's Shoes
- Kristy Davidson & Vanessa Crosby - Collaborate to Compete: Supporting ARC Funding Rounds
- Neil Peckham, Michelle Lee & Bill Parasiris - Planning for an integrated business park at Werrington
- Patricia Parish - A splash of colour: counselling, careers and art therapy
- Charles Noonan & Kellie McNamara - $2 a week! - What the? You can't buy anything of value for $2
- Susan Mowbray - Applying for an award: What do I need to do?
2016 - Service Unlimited. It starts with us.
- Fiona Thurn, George Karliychuk, Peter Steele & Rob Leggo - Lecture Pods Unlimited.
- Wendy Bortolazzo - DIY Mentoring and Paying it Forward: WiSE Program example
- Nicolle Fowler - STEaMing ahead with Engagement: A service-driven approach
- Caroline Reid - Going Global: The Opportunities are Unlimited
- Darren Greentree - TEMS - We are Listening!
- Paul Hardaker - ACE: The Face of IT 12 months on
- Chris Youness - Service Unlimited = Possibilities Unlimited
- Hannah Bowyer - One-Stop-Shop: Orgsync at Western Sydney U
- Elisa Gale & Ramya Acharya - Alumni UNLIMITED - Reaching for the Stars
- Janice Besch & Stephen Hannan - What's Different About Research Management in 2016?
- Linda Wilkes - Student centred retention - an institutional approach
- Chris Mylecharane & Kevin Cahill - Lurking in the Shadows - Exploring the Job Shadowing Program
- Rosali Harland, Karen Lewis & Amanda McNamara - iPod to iPlan: Intuitive Course Planners for Students
- Kerry Cameron-Pratt and Edith Taylor - Complaints Unlimited