Women of the West Awards
Pictured left to right: Azita Abdollahian, Jodie Amor, Matilda Harry, Professor Denise Kirkpatrick (Western's DVC-Academic and Awards Sponsor), Naomi Kroll, and Dr Padmini Howpage.
Nominations for the 2020 Women of the West Awards are now closed.
We are currently assessing nominations for the 2020 Western Sydney University Women of the West Awards.
Best of luck to everyone who was nominated, and thank you to everyone who submitted a nomination in honour of the outstanding women who are contributing to the development of the Western Sydney region.
Details on the nominees and the awards presentation ceremony will be shared in early 2020.
Nominations are open for the following categories:
- Woman of the West – Business
- Woman of the West – Community
- Young Woman of the West - 18 to 30 years (as at 31 December 2019)
Each year members of the Western Sydney community are invited to nominate women who:
- live and/or work in Western Sydney
- demonstrate extraordinary leadership
- contribute to improving the lives of people in Western Sydney
- demonstrate achievements or outcomes above and beyond their occupational roles (if applicable)
The above criteria apply for all categories.
For the purpose of the Awards, Western Sydney is taken to include the following 13 local government areas: Blacktown, Blue Mountains, Camden, Campbelltown, Canterbury-Bankstown, Cumberland, Fairfield, Hawkesbury, Liverpool, Parramatta, Penrith, The Hills, and Wollondilly.
- Women holding senior state or federal government roles are ineligible to be nominated.
- Women who are currently employed by the Western Sydney University are ineligible to be nominated.
- Women nominated in the past two years are not eligible to be re-nominated.
- University students can be nominated, however the contributions to greater Western Sydney must include service outside the University, and within the region.
- To qualify for the Young Women of the West Award, the nominee must be aged between 18 and 30 years of age (as at 31 December 2019).