Family Fun Day for International Literacy Day
Saturday, 7 September
1.00 pm to 6.30 pm
Parramatta South Campus
(Free parking available on campus during the event)
The University is inviting the community to celebrate International Literacy Day on Saturday, 7 September as part of its commitment to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
A fun day for the whole family with free activities including workshops with popular children’s authors Tim Harris (Mr Bambuckle’s Remarkables) and Matt Cosgrove (Macca the Alpaca). Older children can participate in an interactive 'How to Make Change' workshop run by the Whitlam Institute and Flash Poetry with Slam poet, Dante Florez.
There will also be a jumping castle, face painter, multi-lingual story-telling, craft activities, live music and Roald Dahl themed movie screenings.
The event starts from 1.00 pm.
Kids - come dressed as your favourite book character!
Family Fun Day Workshops
- Tim Harris - 1.30 pm - 2.30 pm
- Matt Cosgrove - 3.00 pm - 4.00 pm
- Flash Poetry at the Whitlam Institute (ages 10+) - 1.30 pm - 2.30 pm
- How to Make Change at the Whitlam Institute (ages 10 +) - 3.00 pm -4.00 pm
- Multi-lingual storytime - 1.30 pm - 2.30 pm
- Multi-lingual storytime - 3.00 pm - 4.00 pm
- Roald Dahl themed movies (registration not required) - 4.30 pm - 6.30 pm
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org