Sydney is one of the world's truly great multicultural cities, with a population representing more than 180 different national backgrounds. Recently named as one of the world's most popular cities for international students by QS Top Universities, Sydney is a great choice for students wanting to study in a vibrant, cultural, lively city.The diverse population in the Greater Sydney area makes up 4.76million people. Sydney is the 6th safest city in the world, and so for this reason, it's a destination of choice for many international students* There are a variety of easily accessible transport options available in Sydney, including bus, train, ferry or bike!
Things to do
- Visit the iconic Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge
- Enjoy free fireworks in Darling Harbour
- Be entertained at one of Sydney's many festivals, including Chinese New Year, The Festival of Sydney and many more!
- Taste a variety of international cuisines, from Chinese yum-cha to Indian Curry and Australian BBQ
- Explore the beaches and mountains in Sydney and beyond
- Experience a sunny and warm climate from November to April
Life after uni
Sydney is the destination of choice for international corporations, business leaders, tourists and students. Studying in Australia's commercial capital also provides students with more job opportunities. The majority of multinational corporations in Australia have based their headquarters in Sydney and businesses from all industries are thriving in Sydney, supported by the robust economy.