The ARC Linkage Projects scheme provides funding to Eligible Organisations to support research and development (R&D) projects which:
- are collaborative between higher education researchers and other parts of the national innovation system,
- are undertaken to acquire new knowledge, and
- involve risk or innovation.
The objectives of the Linkage Projects scheme are to:
- support the initiation and/or development of long-term strategic research alliances between higher education organisations and other organisations, including industry and other research end-users, in order to apply advanced knowledge to problems and/or to provide opportunities to obtain national economic, commercial, social or cultural benefits
- provide opportunities for internationally competitive research projects to be conducted in collaboration with organisations outside the higher education sector, targeting those who have demonstrated a clear commitment to high-quality research
- encourage growth of a national pool of world-class researchers to meet the needs of the broader Australian innovation system
- build the scale and focus of research in the national Science and Research Priorities.
The Centre for Infrastructure Engineering has received funding for the following ARC Linkage projects: