Dr Kildashti joined the Centre for Infrastructure Engineering in 2016 as a post-doctoral research fellow and has since become a lecturer at the centre. Prior to joining Western Sydney, Dr Kildashti engaged in several major industrial projects as an associate research fellow, working with the University of Tehran Applied Research Centre. He conducted extensive investigations on a wide range of topics in the areas of computational mechanics, nonlinear finite element analysis, boundary element method, bridge health monitoring, structural dynamics, dynamic soil structure interaction, performance-based earthquake engineering, structural collapse analysis, and seismic rehabilitation of heritage buildings. He received his PhD degree in earthquake and structural engineering from the University of Tehran in 2009.
Areas of Research/Teaching Expertise
Overview of Research:
His research area is civil/structural engineering with the particular emphasis on utilising computational methods in applied mechanics and engineering. His current research primarily falls into following three themes:
Theme#1: Improve the Structural performance of Stay-In-Place (SIP) Permanent Formwork System- ARC Research Hub (NanoComm Hub)
- With the proliferation of using SIP in construction technology, there is a need to investigate the composite performance of SIP with the core-filled concrete in order to pass requirements of Building Code of Australia. The numerical platform has been developed to correlate the structural performance of SIP with a set of experimental lab tests. Further, a research program has been developed on this topic with an expert multi-disciplinary collaborative team.
Theme#2: Structural Health Monitoring of a High-rise AMP Building during its Partial Demolition and Reconstruction
- This collaborative works has involved studies of signal processed data to better identify the movement of a case study high-rise building subjected to wind excitations during its partial demolition. In-situ signal-processed data will be implemented to set up reliable numerical model of the high-rise tower.
Theme#3: Computational Particle Technology (ARC Industrial Transformation Research Hub)
- In this project, mathematical models for inter-particle forces in discrete element dynamic simulation of particulate systems will be investigated.
Overview of Teaching:
Dr Kildashti has eight years of teaching experience as follows:
- Structural Analysis
- Advanced Mechanics of Materials
- Construction Technology 2 (Substructure)
- Finite Element Method
- Structural Stability
- Structural Dynamics
- Kamyar Kildashti, Kejun Dong, Bijan Samali. Explicit force model for discrete modelling of elliptical particles. Computers and Geotechnics, 2019, 110:122-131.
- Kamyar Kildashti, Bijan Samali, Mina Mortazavi, Hamid Ronagh, Pezhman Sharafi. Seismic collapse assessment of a hybrid cold-formed hot-rolled steel building. Journal of Constructional Steel Research, 2019, 155: 504-516.
- Mehrisadat Makki Alamdari, Kamyar Kildashti, Bijan Samali, Hamid Valipour. Damage diagnosis in bridge structures using rotation influence line: Validation on a cable-stayed bridge. Engineering Structures, 2019, 185: 1-14.
- Kiarash M. Dolatshahi, Amir Vafaei, Kamyar Kildashti, Mohammadjavad Hamidia. Displacement ratios for structures with material degradation and foundation uplift. Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering, 2019.
- Mehrisadat Makki Alamdari, Linlin Ge, Kamyar Kildashti, Yincai Zhou, Bruce Harvey, Zheyuan Du. Non-contact structural health monitoring of a cable-stayed bridge. Structure and Infrastructure engineering, 2019.
- Pezhman Sharafi, Mina Mortazavi, Nima Usefi, Kamyar Kildashti, Hamid Ronagh, Bijan Samali. Lateral force resisting systems in lightweight steel frames: recent research advances, Thin-walled Structures, 2018, 130: 231-253.
- Mina Mortazavi, Pezhman Sharafi, Hamid Ronagh, Bijan Samali, Kamyar Kildashti. lateral behaviour of hybrid cold-formed and hot-rolled steel wall systems: experimental investigation. Journal of Constructional Steel Research, 2018, 147: 422-432.
- Kamyar Kildashti, Neda Mirzadeh, Bijan Samali, Seismic vulnerability assessment of a case study anchored liquid storage tank by considering fixed and flexible base restraints. Thin-walled Structures, 2018, 123: 382-394.
- Kamyar Kildashti, Kejun Dong, Bijan Samali. A revisit of common normal method for discrete modelling of non-Spherical particles. Powder Technology, 2018, 326:1-6.
- Kamyar Kildashti, Kejun Dong, Bijan Samali, Qijun Zheng, Aibing Yu. Evaluation of contact force models for discrete modelling of ellipsoidal particles, Chemical Engineering Science. 2018, 177: 1-17.
- Kamyar Kildashti, Rasoul Mirghaderi. A case study on the assessment of response modification coefficient and earthquake-induced collapse potential of a high-rise setback tower. Structure and Infrastructure Engineering, 2017, 13(9): 1212-1229.
- Kamyar Kildashti, Kiarash Dolatshahi, Rasoul Mirghaderi, 2016, A case study on the soil-pile-structure interaction of a long span arched structure. Structure and Infrastructure Engineering, 2016, 12(12): 1614-1633.
- Kamyar Kildashti, Rasoul Mirghaderi, Iradje Mahmoudzadeh. The efficiency of reduced beam section connections for reducing residual drifts in moment resisting frames. Open Journal of Civil Engineering, 2012, 2(2): 68-76.
- Reza Abbasnia, Neda Mirzadeh, Kamyar Kildashti. Assessment of axial force effect on improved damage index of confined RC beam-column members. International Journal of Civil Engineering, 2011, 9(3): 237-246.
- Kamyar Kildashti, Rasoul Mirghaderi. Assessment of seismic behavior of SMRFS with RBS connections by means of mixed-based state space approach. Journal of The Structural Design of Tall and Special Buildings, 2009, 18: 485-505.
Peer-reviewed Conference Papers:
- Kamyar Kildashti, Bijan Samali, Neda Mirzadeh, Assessment of Different Failure Modes in Liquid Storage Tanks Under Horizontal Ground Motion. 13th International Conference on Steel, Space and Composite Structures, 2018, Perth, Australia.
- Nima Usefi, Hamid Ronagh, Kamyar Kildashti, Bijan Samali, Macro/Micro Analysis of Cold-formed Steel Members Using Abaqus and Opensees. 13th International Conference on Steel, Space and Composite Structures, 2018, Perth, Australia.
- Mina Mortazavi, Pezhman Sharafi, Kamyar Kildashti, Bijan Samali, Hamid Ronagh. An innovative hybrid lateral load resisting system for cold formed steel structures, 145th The IIER International Conference, 2017, Toronto, Canada.
- Kejun Dong, Kamyar Kildashti, Bijan Samali. Evaluation of contact force models for ellipsoidal particles, The 8th International Conference on Computational Methods, 2017, Guangxi Province, China.
- Neda Mirzadeh, Erfan Alavi, Kamyar Kildashti, Seismic Fragility Analysis of an Anchored Steel Tank by Considering of Thin Wall Buckling and Anchor Failures, 16th World Conference on Earthquake, 16WCEE 201, 2017, Santiago Chile.
- Kiarash M. Dolatshahi, Amir Vafaei, Kamyar Kildashti, Mohammadjavad Hamidia. Seismic Assessment of Uplift Allowed Soil–structure Systems with Deteriorating Behavior, 16th World Conference on Earthquake, 16WCEE 201, 2017, Santiago Chile.
- Kamyar Kildashti, Rasoul Mirghaderi. A Case Study on the Seismic Performance Assessment of the High-rise Setback Tower in Accordance with TBI Guidelines, Second International Conference on Performance-based and Lifecycle Structural Engineering (PLSE 2015), 2015, Brisbane, Australia.
- Kamyar Kildashti, Neda Mirzadeh. Seismic Behavior of Anchorage in Diverse Liquid Storage Steel Tanks by Added-mass Method, The Eighth International Structural Engineering and Construction Conference, 2015, Sydney, Australia.