Resources for Students
Western Sydney University Careers offers information, tools and resources to help you get a job and build your future career.
Careers in... brochures
Check out the complete list of our degree brochures with career information for students available on CareerHub (opens in a new window) using your Western Account ID and password.
Where graduates go
Each year, along with all other Australian universities, Western Sydney University carries out a survey asking new graduates what they are doing. This takes place about four months after completion of a degree.
Where graduates go gives you a selection of the full-time employment and further study destinations entered in recent years by new bachelor degree graduates under the age of 25.
MyFuture - Comprehensive Australian career information
Myfuture is an Australian online career information and exploration service that assists career planning, career pathways and work transitions.
MyFuture now has a subscription fee to access the service.
Increase your awareness of degree related occupations.
Download this simple exercise (opens in a new window) to learn about features and services of myfuture.edu.au and grow your awareness of degree related occupations.
GoinGlobal - for International careers
If you are seeking an international experience you will find the country career guides on Going Global are the ultimate international job seeker's guide!
Packed with country-specific information, this massive research tool contains more than 45,000 resources for finding international employment at home and abroad. Each guide has been developed by a local career specialist, and contains recommended web sites and detailed resource descriptions on vital employment topics such as:
- Job search resources: general and specialised job sites, job fairs, newspapers, government-sponsored employment offices, head-hunters/recruiters, internship programs and temporary staffing agencies
- Information on employment opportunities and trends
- Industry-specific trade and professional organisation information and links: issues of special concern for foreign professionals, education requirements, trade associations, and industry web sites
- Business resources: Trade Councils, Chambers of Commerce, and other professional networking organisations
- Work permit and visa regulations
- Finance and compensation information: taxes, cost of living, medical insurance, vacation/leave, etc.
- Resume/CV writing guidelines and examples
- Cultural and interviewing advice
Access GoinGlobal (opens in a new window) using your CareerHub login details.
Tools and Activities
Advance your future with our Careers Toolkit
- Career Planner tool to help plan your future
- E-Learning courses on a variety of work and career topics
- Employer videos tell you what employers really think
- Practice Tests to help you prepare for your interviews
We have consolidated our platforms. As a result you can now access your Careers Toolkit through CareerHub (opens in a new window) using your Western Account ID and password .
CareerHub (opens in a new window) is our online database where we manage student and employer information, activities and events. It is your portal to all of the services that we offer.
- job opportunities
- upcoming events and expos
- career development programs
Log in to CareerHub using your Western Account ID and password.
Is English your second language?
If so, you might find the following resources helpful.
- Study Smart
Help and resources with assignments, tests, exams, literacy and numeracy skills.
- Western Sydney University Library Interactive Online Modules (opens in a new window)
- Oxford English Dictionary (Oxford University Press) (opens in a new window)
- Academic Skills Workshops
Assist with writing essays and avoiding plagiarism.