Resources for Students
Western Sydney University Careers offers information, tools and resources to help you get a job and build your future career.
Careers in... brochures
Check out the complete list of our degree brochures with career information for students available on CareerHub (opens in a new window) using your Western Account ID and password.
Where graduates go
Each year, along with all other Australian universities, Western Sydney University carries out a survey asking new graduates what they are doing. This takes place about four months after completion of a degree.
Where graduates go gives you a selection of the full-time employment and further study destinations entered in recent years by new bachelor degree graduates under the age of 25.
MyFuture - Comprehensive Australian career information
Myfuture (opens in a new window) is an Australian online career information and exploration service that assists career planning, career pathways and work transitions.
MyFuture now has a subscription fee to access the service.
Increase your awareness of degree related occupations.
Download this simple exercise (opens in a new window) to learn about features and services of myfuture.edu.au and grow your awareness of degree related occupations.
GoinGlobal - for International careers
If you are seeking an international experience you will find the country career guides on Going Global are the ultimate international job seeker's guide!
Packed with country-specific information, this massive research tool contains more than 45,000 resources for finding international employment at home and abroad. Each guide has been developed by a local career specialist, and contains recommended web sites and detailed resource descriptions on vital employment topics such as:
- Job search resources: general and specialised job sites, job fairs, newspapers, government-sponsored employment offices, head-hunters/recruiters, internship programs and temporary staffing agencies
- Information on employment opportunities and trends
- Industry-specific trade and professional organisation information and links: issues of special concern for foreign professionals, education requirements, trade associations, and industry web sites
- Business resources: Trade Councils, Chambers of Commerce, and other professional networking organisations
- Work permit and visa regulations
- Finance and compensation information: taxes, cost of living, medical insurance, vacation/leave, etc.
- Resume/CV writing guidelines and examples
- Cultural and interviewing advice
Access GoinGlobal (opens in a new window) using your CareerHub login details.
Tools and Activities
Advance your future with our Careers Toolkit
- Career Planner tool to help plan your future
- E-Learning courses on a variety of work and career topics
- Employer videos tell you what employers really think
- Practice Tests to help you prepare for your interviews
We have consolidated our platforms. As a result you can now access your Careers Toolkit through CareerHub (opens in a new window) using your Western Account ID and password.
Harrison Assessments - Find out what career is right for you
The Harrison Assessments System is a simple online questionnaire that can help you to make informed career decisions based on your natural abilities and work preferences.
Determine your career options
This report compares your results to a profile of 650 careers and provides a list of careers in order of the level of fit between you and each career.
Understand your Career Development profile
This report helps guide you to a more satisfying career by identifying the tasks you enjoy, your interests, suitable types of work environments, interpersonal skills, motivations, decision-making tendencies and characteristics related to leadership.
Identify your strengths
This report uses your results to describe your greatest career-related strengths. This is a great way of identifying what makes you unique and competitive in the job market.
Identify roles suiting your profile
You get access to up to 10 separate reports on specific careers of your choice, to help determine which factors would give you career satisfaction based on your individual profile.
Click here to register (opens in a new window). You will receive an individual link to the questionnaire, followed by instructions on how to access your detailed reports.
Perfect your English with Speech Active
Speech Active (opens in a new window) is English pronunciation for study and work. It is available to both local and international students.
Not being easily understood can make you tired and frustrated. Maybe you avoid speaking face-to-face or on the phone; preferring to use email to avoid speaking! Maybe you don't speak up in in class or at meetings?
CareerHub (opens in a new window) is our online database where we manage student and employer information, activities and events. It is your portal to all of the services that we offer.
- job opportunities
- upcoming events and expos
- career development programs
Log in to CareerHub using your Western Account ID and password .
This short video can help you to navigate your way around CareerHub
Is English your second language?
If so, you might find the following resources helpful.
- Study Smart
Help and resources with assignments, tests, exams, literacy and numeracy skills.
- Western Sydney University Library Interactive Online Modules (opens in a new window)
- Oxford English Dictionary (Oxford University Press) (opens in a new window)
- Academic Skills Workshops
Assist with writing essays and avoiding plagiarism.