Create solutions to real-life business problems
Univative brings bright, enthusiastic, and like-minded students ('Univators') together to solve real business challenges for local organisations.
PROGRAM OVERVIEW & PURPOSE
Supported by Study NSW and Nagcas, Univative Sydney is a unique inter-university, inter-discipline, inter-cultural student employability program where student teams devise innovative solutions for genuine problems posed by industries and communities.
Since 2011, 1076 students, 188 teams from 8 universities have joined forces with 33 organisations to tackle real-world challenges with refreshing approaches.
Univative Sydney 2021 is presented to you by 9 universities- the Australian Catholic University, Central Queensland University (Sydney campus), Macquarie University, Southern Cross University, the University of New South Wales, The University of Notre Dame, University of Technology Sydney, The University of Wollongong and Western Sydney University.
As a student participant, you will work within a multi-disciplinary team on a project for four weeks during winter 2021 (18th June - 16th July) and compete with teams of students from other participating universities.
Current project hosts include:
- Amazon Web Services
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC)
- Australian National Maritime Museum (ANMM)
- Dell Technologies (Dell Tech)
- HCL Tech
- Royal Australian Chemical Institute (RACI)
- SCARF Refugee Support
- Spinal Cord Injuries Australia (SCIA)
- The School Magazine
- Veriu Group
Take a look at the Student Guide and Information below for key dates and requirements.
All Univative 2021 events will be held online. For an explanation of each event, refer to the Student Guide.
|Thu 3 June||Online Orientation Session with University Career Service|
|Fri 4 June||Central Online Onboarding session (11am-1pm)|
|Fri 18 June||Launch and Initial Training (10am - 3pm)|
|Mon 21 June||Initial Project Host Online Briefing|
|W/C 5 July||Mid-Point check with Project Host|
|Wed 14 July||Written reports due by 5pm|
|Thu 15 July||Presentation videos due by 5pm|
|Fri 16 July||Award Ceremony online|
|Mon 26 July||Student teams to receive feedback about their reports and presentations|
|Fri 6 August||Central debrief session|
|Fri 13 August||Students complete feedback service and feedback session University Career Service|
UNIVATIVE INFORMATION SESSION
Check out the Univative Information Session for more information about this year's Univative event.
Applications close at 11.59pm on Tuesday, 25 May 2021.
Getting involved in Univative allows you to:
- Connect and network with a wide range of employers
- Build practical employability skills including teamwork, problem-solving, creative thinking, communication, project management
- Gain further understanding of business practices within a particular industry
- Develop the ability to see a problem from multiple perspectives and tackle it in different ways
- Make a real contribution to a corporate or not for profit organisation
- Enhance resume with valuable business experience and recognition on AHEGS
Eligible students will meet the following selection criteria:
- Must be a current Western Sydney University student (undergrad or postgrad level, local or international), ideally in their penultimate or final year
- Must have completed at least one semester of study at Western Sydney University and have at least one remaining semester of study
- Must be available to commit to all Univative related events, including the launch, training sessions, final presentation, and closing event (further dates and details will be provided)
- Must be available to commit to weekly scheduled team meetings to progress with the project and be available during the winter break
- Must be an active participant in the program.
Rewards and Recognition
Each team will be partnered with a project host (employer) and will compete against at least 2 other student teams from different universities. Each project host will select a winning team to be announced at the Awards Ceremony. All Univators will receive a Certificate of Participation.
Ultimately, your Univative experience will enhance the quality of your job applications and will give you the opportunity to connect with prospective employers, thus building upon your career network.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION?
Get in touch with us!