- Career & Resume Advice
- Jobs and Work Experience
- Job Match
- For International Students
- For Employers
- For Staff
- Contact Us
CHANGE YOURSELF, CHANGE THE WORLD.
INTERCHANGE is open to all Western Sydney University international students.
INTERCHANGE 2020 is an exclusive Virtual Challenge that will lead students on a fast- paced learning journey, aimed at developing 21st Century education and technology skills.
At INTERCHANGE 2020, you will:
● Listen to expert guest speakers and business leaders at a TEDx style Virtual Summit - See full list of key speakers
● Solve a real-life problem impacting humanity, with your team made up of students from other Universities
● Work with an accomplished business mentor
● Work virtually with your team to create a video pitch of your idea
● Participate in the event alongside 300 other students - from all areas of study and from around the world. You will meet new people and gain new insights
● Have the chance to win some amazing prizes
"INTERCHANGE was an enormous opportunity for me to explore some of my hidden talents and at the same time mix with hundreds of international students who had similar passions. This experience will undoubtedly be helpful for my academic success too.”
(Past INTERCHANGE participant)
Participating universities are: Australian Catholic University, Macquarie University, University of Newcastle, University of Sydney, Western Sydney University, University of Technology Sydney, University of New South Wales and University of Notre Dame
Places are strictly limited – Apply Now!
WHAT WILL YOU GET FROM INTERCHANGE?
Meet international students from other Universities and build your friendship and professional networks.
Be an entrepreneur
Become a graduate who is creative, resilient, emotionally intelligent and agile!
Become a problem solver
Employers want graduates who can think critically, understand the power of team work, can communicate and challenge the status quo
Fast-track your way to success
Learn leadership and innovative skills solving ‘real-world’ problems that international students face in Australia.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
This is a Virtual Challenge; where you will participate virtually in events and work virtually with your team members. You will be part of a unique, fast-paced and action-packed learning journey.
You will learn by doing, working as part of a team; your challenge is to identify a problem and solve it.
This Virtual Employability and Entrepreneurship Challenge will conclude with 5 shortlisted teams doing an online pitch in front of a panel of judges. Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 teams.
Along the way, you will benefit from the support and experience of leading facilitators, a team mentor, and expert guest speakers. You will also have the opportunity to assess your skills at the start and end of the INTERCHANGE 2020 program, so you can recognise your own progress.
You will be expected to commit to attending and participating during all 5 days of the INTERCHANGE 2020 program Outside the online event hours, you will also be expected to communicate with your teammates on a regular basis and access various other resources made available to you online.
DAY 1: Wednesday 22nd July, 10am-11am, Pre-event Online Networking Event
Day 1 – Come meet everyone!.
1. This is a chance to meet your fellow students
2. Find out more about the event before it kicks off on Saturday July 25th 2020
3. Meet your FRANK facilitators
4. Get your questions answered and get pumped before kick off!!
DAY 2: Saturday July 25th 2020, 9am-12pm, Virtual Summit on Zoom.com
Day 2 – We will kick off with an inspiring speaker. You will get to meet new students from all over NSW (and the world!), as well as your mentors.
- You will learn what entrepreneurship is all about as well as learning important teamwork skills.
- You will finalise which problem you would like to solve and then start brainstorming ideas with your team and you will choose the 1 idea your team will work on.
- You will start planning out your idea
- You will have a chance to win some cool prizes
DAY 3: Saturday 1st August 2020, 9am-12pm, Virtual Summit on Zoom.com
Day 3 – You will hear from an inspiring speaker.
- You and your team will learn about how to test your idea
- You will be introduces to rapid prototyping tools
- You will have a change to win cool prizes
DAY 4: Saturday 8th August 2020, 9am-12pm, Virtual Summit on Zoom.com
Day 4 – You will hear from an inspiring speaker.
- You and your team will be taught how to create a video pitch for your idea.
- You will learn important communication skills and start getting ready for the Online Pitch Event on August 13 th , 2020
DAY 5: Thursday 13th August 2020 3rd, 5-8pm, Virtual Summit on Zoom.com
Day 5 – This is the Pitch Night in front of the judging panel!
- 5 shortlisted teams will pitch their ideas to the judging panel and 3 winning teams will be announced
- You will have a chance to reflect on your skills learnt that prepare you for the new world of work and jobs!
Applications are now open and will close on 7 July 2020.
DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION?
Get in touch with us!
Compliance and Project Officer | Western Sydney International