GetREAL offers international students the opportunity to get Real Experience and Learning through programs, activities, workshops and events specifically designed to provide exposure to the real Australian work culture.
Register for this program and GetREAL experience that enhances your employability skills and builds connections in a fun and challenging environment:
- Find out about the Australian workplace through our workshops, resources and online activities,
- Meet employers and hear alumni stories at our industry events and workplace visits,
- Discover mentors who can provide information in your field,
- Develop your professional skills through our experiential programs such as Interchange, Global Scope and more,
- Find out about and apply for jobs through CareerHub,
- Receive information about exclusive events for international students,
- Take our fun quiz and test your Aussie knowledge
INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE PROGRAMS
INTERCHANGE is an exclusive 4-day program that teams you up with students from other Sydney universities. It’s designed to help you find your inner entrepreneur and develop professional skills such as networking, communication, innovation and leadership. This is a program for international students and will help you no matter what year you're in.
You will attend 3 full-day workshops in August (Saturdays, 9:30am-4pm) and 1 evening gala event (TBC 6-8pm). You will be part of a unique, fast-paced and action-packed learning journey. You will learn by doing. Working as part of a team, your challenge is to identify a problem, solve it, and then capture your idea in a short video pitch.
5 shortlisted pitches will be made live in front of a panel of judges at the gala event, and prizes will be awarded to the top 3 teams.
GLOBAL SCOPE provides a unique opportunity for you to work on a business project with a NSW Government Agency, NGO or private enterprise. In a multi-disciplined team of WSU students, you will create options to address real-world projects, meet with the project client once a week, be mentored by industry mentors, enhance your business capabilities, build career skills and expand your professional network.
This program involves online learning, meetings with your team, a two hour workshop and 3 - 4 meetings with professionals (clients and industry mentors).
There are 4 sessions running: May, July, August and November.