- Career & Resume Advice
- Jobs and Work Experience
- Job Match
- For International Students
- - EdFest
- - Business Careers Evening
- - Law Careers Evening
- - Property and Construction Management Careers Expo
- - Policing and Criminology Careers Expo
- - Health Science and Public Health Careers Expo
- - Technology Careers Expo
- - Heritage and Tourism/Urban Planning Careers Expo
- - Psychology Careers Expo
- - Social Work and Community Welfare Careers Expo
- - Science Careers Conference
- - WSU Paddl Games
- For Employers
- For Staff
WSU Paddl Games
SEP 26Thursday 26 September 2019
8.30am - 6pm
Parramatta South Campus
Inspired by the popularity of hackathons, Paddl Games Challenges are high pressure, fun events professionally facilitated by Paddl Co. Using design thinking techniques, 60 selected WSU students and graduates will work alongside 10 local businesses, Westpac employees, WSU staff and Paddl Games facilitators in Innovation Teams of 10 people.
This game's challenge
"How might Westpac assist you to overcome inhibitors to growth in your business?"
In this challenge your team will be required to think “outside of the box”, brainstorm, ideate and design innovative ideas around financial services and their impacts on small and medium businesses. Each team will be matched to a business to work collaboratively and come up with innovative ideas relating to this challenge.
You will e-meet your team members and business before the day via an online chat tool called Slack (it’s easy to use and a great way to stay in contact) and have a chance to introduce yourselves, discuss game day strategy and chose a team name.
A sneak peak into the Paddl Games
Support on the day
- The Challenge Labs provide access to specialist knowledge, insights, data and advice to all teams and are manned by Westpac specialists relevant to the Challenge focus.
- The Paddl Games facilitators will support and guide you every step of the way so you will be successful (and have lots of fun!). You will be provided with documentation and plenty of opportunities to ask lots of questions to the Paddl Games team
Frequently asked questions
About our sponsor - Westpac
About our sponsor - WestpacWestpac is Australia’s first bank and oldest company, one of four major banking organisations in Australia and one of the largest banks in New Zealand.We provide a broad range of banking and financial services in these markets, including consumer, business and institutional banking and wealth management services.
Westpac Group's portfolio of financial services brands and businesses is focused on our vision, which is
“To be one of the world’s great service companies, helping our customers, communities and people to prosper and grow.”
From ensuring consumer customers can save and invest with confidence, to supporting the financial needs of small businesses, multi-national corporates, institutional and government clients, we put customers at the centre of everything we do.
Our business comprises five key customer-facing divisions which operate a unique portfolio of brands including Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne, BankSA and RAMS. Through these brands we serve over 13 million customers.
What are Paddl Games Challenges?
What are Paddle Game Challenges?
Western Sydney University and Paddl Co. are bringing you a series of five intensive and high profile one-day Challenges over the next few months, called WSU Paddl Games. Each challenge day will be hosted by a corporate sponsor and focus on a different area of industry tied to the Western Sydney economy. Participants will have the opportunity to work alongside 20 local businesses solving real business challenges.
These challenge events are designed to better network Western Sydney University students and graduates with local businesses and major corporate organisations, and to create opportunities to learn innovation, design thinking and other crucial soft skills by working on real business cases. Students and graduates of WSU are encouraged to apply to participate in the events in order to:
- Gain real workplace experience by working with local business and major corporate organisations
- Work in cross disciplinary teams alongside peers and industry experts
- Put your skills into practice on real business cases
- Expand your professional network and
- In some cases, gain employment!
What's in it for you?
What's in it for you?
If selected, you will...
- Learn about design thinking and will have the opportunity to put it into practice on the event day
- Help Westpac solve a real-world business challenge for small to medium businesses and make an impact
- Have the opportunity to book a 15-minute one-on-one career mentoring chat on the day in the Paddl Employer Booth with an HR or business executive from either Westpac or one of the participating businesses
- Get to expand your network of employers, mentors, and other participants!
- Gain invaluable work experience to show to future employers!
And of course, awesome prizes to be won by the 3 best teams and special recognition for the best individual participants!
Register for the Paddl Games 2019
If you are interested in participating in this innovation challenge with Westpac, please send an Expression of Interest to Caitlin Pereira, Head of Partnerships at firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 9514 3000.
Applications for each game opens one month prior to the event. We encourage students and graduates to apply for the next upcoming challenge or to register on Paddl.com to be the first to know when the next event applications are open.
If you are a Western student or graduate looking to gain more experience and you have a background, interest and/or qualifications in one or more of the following areas, we want you!
- Business, Strategy & Finance
- Marketing & Communications
- Engineering, Technology & Data Science
- Arts, Designers & Creatives
- Science & Sustainability
Western Sydney University x Paddl Co.
Experience that complements your education
Western Sydney University has partnered with Paddl Co. to deliver WSU students and graduates an exclusive opportunity to discover, develop and collect relevant experience to help set you up for success in the workplace. From creating the most extensive and holistic experience profile, to participating in a series of five exclusive WSU Paddl Games challenges, find out what the WSUxPaddl experience can do for you!
Register on Paddl.com and to start your experience profile and be the first to know about upcoming WSU Paddl Games and opportunities to help you gain real world experience, put your skills into practice and expand your professional network.