- Career & Resume Advice
- Jobs and Work Experience
- International Students
- For Employers
- For Staff
Expo Information for students
It is never too early to think about your career.
The Tourism and Heritage Careers Expo aims to enhance your employability and skills awareness by connecting you to industry professionals. You will have the chance to speak to organisations looking to offer full time, part time, intern and volunteering roles, either during, or at completion of your studies.
At the event, you will:
- Connect with employers across a range of roles deepen your industry insight and hear about current and upcoming opportunities
- Have the chance to find out about building a resume, going for interviews and networking tips
- Gain a personalised career direction for the remainder of your studies and into your early years after graduating.
Tuesday 21 August 2018
1.00pm – 3.30pm
Western Sydney University
FREE with refreshments provided
Business attire or Smart Casual
To register click the button below. Sign in to CareerHub using your Student number and Western password.
Who are the organisations that will be attending the expo?
It is important to research the organisations that are attending the expo beforehand. This will provide you background information of who they are, graduates they are recruiting, and the opening and closing dates for applications.
The Tourism and Heritage Careers Expo website will automatically update as organisations confirm their attendance - so keep checking!
Can I attend the Tourism and Heritage Careers Expo 2018?
All current Western Sydney University students studying any area of Tourism or Heritage are strongly encouraged to attend. We also encourage students outside of these disciplines to attend if they are interested in moving into this field.
What can I expect on the day?
The Tourism and Heritage Careers Expo is an opportunity for you to meet with future employers and professional associations to help you build a successful career and gather the information from presentations that you require to make informed decisions about your next steps
What should I wear?
All attendees should be in business attire, or smart casual attire.
Remember some of these exhibiting organisations are looking for students to potentially hire. Attend the event dressed appropriate to ensure you project a positive image.
How do I prepare for the expo?
Top 4 tips:
- Plan some questions beforehand and remember, this is a NETWORKING opportunity
- Plan your time at the expo - allocate enough time to speak with relevant organisations
- Dress appropriately
- Display great communication skills: eye contact, firm handshake, attentive listening skills, don't forget to smile, remember the other person's name/s and note contact details for follow up.
Need more tips? Take a look at our online pamphlet.