- Career & Resume Advice
- Jobs and Work Experience
- International Students
- For Employers
- For Staff
Expo Information for students
It is never too early to think about your career.
The Social Work and Community Welfare Expo aims to enhance your employability and skills awareness through a series of presentations and connecting you to industry professionals. You will have the chance to speak to organisations looking to offer full time, part time and volunteering roles, either during, or at completion of your studies.
At the event, you will:
- Connect with employers across a range of roles, deepen your industry insight and hear about current and upcoming opportunities
- Have the chance to find out about building a resume, going for interviews and networking tips
- Hear from a Western Sydney University Alumni who will share their career journey
- Gain a personalised career direction for the remainder of your studies and into your early years after graduating.
Friday, 12 October 2018
9.00am – 2.30pm
FREE with lunch provided
Smart Casual or Professional Attire
Register through CareerHub. Sign in using your Student number and your Western password.
Careers, 4736 0424
Who are the organisations that will be attending the expo?
It is important to research the organisations that are attending the expo beforehand. This will provide you background information of who they are, graduates they are recruiting, and the opening and closing dates for applications.The Social Work and Community Welfare Expo event page on CareerHub will automatically update as organisations confirm their attendance – so keep checking! (Right hand side, click on 'View all Employers')
Can I attend the Social Work and Community Welfare Expo 2018?
All current Western Sydney University students studying any area of social work or community welfare are strongly encouraged to attend. We also encourage students outside of these disciplines to attend if they are interested in moving into this field.
What can I expect on the night?
The Social Work and Community Welfare Expo is an opportunity for you to meet with future employers and professional associations to help you build a successful career and gather the information from presentations that you require to make informed decisions about your next steps.
What should I wear?
All attendees should be in smart casual or business attire.
Remember some of these exhibiting organisations are looking for students to potentially hire. Attend the event dressed appropriately to ensure you project a positive image.
How do I prepare for the Expo?
Top 4 tips:
- Plan some questions beforehand and remember, this is a NETWORKING opportunity
- Plan your time at the expo - allocate enough time to speak with relevant organisations
- Dress appropriately
- Display great communication skills: eye contact, firm handshake, attentive listening skills, don't forget to smile, remember the other person's name/s and note contact details for follow up.
Need more tips? Take a look at our online pamphlet.
What happens if i can't attend on the night?
The Social Work and Community Welfare Expo is held once a year, so you can attend the following year or ask a fellow student to collect some pamphlets and information for you.
Careers might have some left over brochures after the event. Drop in to our office and come and have a chat.
Penrith: K 1.27 (Monday to Friday) 4736 0424
Parramatta: EA.1.32 (Mon, Wed, Thu) 9685 9769