- Career & Resume Advice
- Jobs and Work Experience
- International Students
- For Employers
- For Staff
Expo Information for students
It is never too early to think about your career.
The Psychology Careers Expo aims to enhance your employability and skills awareness through a series of presentations, and connecting you to industry professionals. You will have the chance to speak to organisations looking to offer full time, part time and volunteering roles, either during, or at completion of your studies.
At the event, you will:
- Connect with employers across a range of roles deepen your industry insight and hear about current and upcoming opportunities
- Have the chance to find out about building a resume, going for interviews and networking tips
- Hear from a Western Sydney University Alumni who will share their career journey
- Gain a personalised career direction for the remainder of your studies and into your early years after graduating.
Thursday 27 September 2017
10.00am – 4.00pm
Western Sydney University
FREE with lunch provided
Register through CareerHub (click on the button below) using your student number as username and your vUWS/Western password.
Karin McKinlay, Employer Liaison Coordinator
Who are the organisations that will be attending the expo?
It is important to research the organisations that are attending the expo beforehand. This will provide you background information of who they are, graduates they are recruiting, and the opening and closing dates for applications.
The Psychology Careers Expo website will automatically update as organisations confirm their attendance – so keep checking!
Can I attend the Psychology Careers Expo 2017?
All current Western Sydney University students studying any area of Psychology are strongly encouraged to attend. We also encourage students outside of these disciplines to attend if they are interested in moving into this field.
What can I expect on the day?
The Psychology Careers Expo is an opportunity for you to meet with future employers and professional associations to help you build a successful career and gather the information from presentations that you require to make informed decisions about your next steps.
What should I wear:
All attendees should be in smart casual attire.
Remember some of these exhibiting organisations are looking for students to potentially hire. Attend the event dressed appropriate to ensure you project a positive image.
How do I prepare for the expo?
Top 4 tips:
- Plan some questions beforehand and remember, this is a NETWORKING opportunity
- Plan your time at the expo – allocate enough time to speak with relevant organisations
- Dress appropriately
- Display great communication skills: eye contact, firm handshake, attentive listening skills, don't forget to smile, remember the other person's name/s and note contact details for follow up.
Need more tips? Take a look at our online pamphlet.
What happens if I can't attend on the day?
The Psychology Careers Expo is only held on the one date. Western Sydney University Careers usually collect left over material which you could pick up.
You can pick them up from either our Penrith or Parramatta Office.
Penrith: K 1.27
Although this is not as helpful as speaking to employers themselves, we may have materials with some information that could assist you.