WSU Paddl Games
APR 2Thursday, 2 April 2020
8.30am - 6pm
Parramatta South Campus
This game's challenge
"How can the GWS Education community best support students as future makers"
This is your opportunity to:
- Gain real workplace experience problem solving and ideating with career advisers and teachers from high schools
- Work in multidisciplinary teams with fellow students and graduates, teachers and career advisers
- Develop innovative solutions that can be implemented and useful
- Hone and develop critical soft skills including presentation, public speaking, design thinking and negotiation
- Have a 15 minute one-on-one career chat with Western Careers staff and work on your 'elevator pitch'
- Compete for amazing prizes
You will e-meet your team members and business before the day via an online chat tool called Slack (it’s easy to use and a great way to stay in contact) and have a chance to introduce yourselves, discuss game day strategy and chose a team name.
Ten teams (each comprised of Western students, representatives from a mix of local high schools, Western staff and a Paddl Games facilitator) will collaborate and innovate, bringing their skills, experience and ideas to the table in a series of design sprints to present a solution to the challenge topic.
Support on the day
- The Challenge Labs provide access to specialist knowledge, insights, data and advice to all teams and are manned by Westpac specialists relevant to the Challenge focus.
- The Paddl Games facilitators will support and guide you every step of the way so you will be successful (and have lots of fun!). You will be provided with documentation and plenty of opportunities to ask lots of questions to the Paddl Games team
Register for the Paddl Games 2020
Applications close on Friday 20 March and participants are competitively selected so make sure your Paddl Profile is setup and APPLY TODAY!
If you are a Western student or graduate looking to gain more experience and you have a background, interest and/or qualifications in one or more of the following areas, we want you!
Western Sydney University x Paddl Co.
Experience that complements your education
Western Sydney University has partnered with Paddl Co. to deliver WSU students and graduates an exclusive opportunity to discover, develop and collect relevant experience to help set you up for success in the workplace. From creating the most extensive and holistic experience profile, to participating in a series of five exclusive WSU Paddl Games challenges, find out what the WSUxPaddl experience can do for you!
Register on Paddl.com and to start your experience profile and be the first to know about upcoming WSU Paddl Games and opportunities to help you gain real world experience, put your skills into practice and expand your professional network.