- Career & Resume Advice
- Jobs and Work Experience
- Job Match
- For International Students
- Career Expos
- - EdFest
- - Business Careers Evening
- - Law Careers Evening
- - Property and Construction Management Careers Expo
- - Policing and Criminology Careers Expo
- - Arts Careers Conference
- - Health Science and Public Health Careers Expo
- - Technology Careers Expo
- - Heritage and Tourism/Urban Planning Careers Expo
- - Psychology Careers Expo
- - Social Work and Community Welfare Careers Expo
- - WSU Virtual Paddl Games
- - Career Expos
- For Employers
- For Staff
- Contact Us
Information for students
TECHNOLOGY CAREERS EXPO
AUG 236PM - 8PM
Ian and Nancy Turbott Auditorium, Building EE
Parramatta South Campus
It is never too early to think about your career.
The Technology Careers Expo aims to connect you to industry professionals within the Technology sector. You will have the chance to speak to organisations looking to offer full time and part time roles as well as internships, either during, or at completion of your studies.
At the event, you will:
- Connect with employers across a range of roles deepen your industry insight and hear about current and upcoming opportunities
- Have the chance to find out about building a resume, going for interviews and networking tips
- Gain a personalised career direction for the remainder of your studies and into your early years after graduating.
Parramatta South campus (opens in new window)
Business attire or smart casual
Register through CareerHub (click on the button below) using your student number as username and your vUWS/Western password to sign in.
Which organisations will be attending the expo?
It is important to research the organisations that are attending the expo beforehand. This will provide you background information of who they are, graduates they are recruiting, and the opening and closing dates for applications.
The Technology Careers Expo website will automatically update as organisations confirm their attendance – so keep checking! (Right-hand side, click on 'View all employers')
Can I attend the Technology Careers Expo 2018?
All current Western Sydney University students studying any area of IT, Communications, Engineering and Design are strongly encouraged to attend. We also encourage students outside of these disciplines to attend if they are interested in moving into this field.
What can I expect on the night?
The Technology Careers Expo is an opportunity for you to meet with future employers and professional associations to help you build a successful career and gather the information that you require to make informed decisions about your next steps.
What should I wear?
All attendees should be in business attire, or smart casual attire. Remember, some of these exhibiting organisations are looking for students to potentially hire. Attend the event dressed appropriately to ensure that you project a positive image.
Check out our Professional Workwear guide.
How do I prepare for the Expo?
Find out how to impress employers and get the most out of the expo with our cheat sheet.
Top 4 tips:
- Plan some questions beforehand and remember, this is a NETWORKING opportunity
- Plan your time at the expo - allocate enough time to speak with relevant organisations
- Dress appropriately
- Display great communication skills: eye contact, firm handshake, attentive listening skills, don't forget to smile, remember the other person's name/s and note contact details for follow up.