Are You Work Ready?
The Work Ready program (PDF, 375.87 KB) (opens in a new window) aimed at students nearing the end of their studies and helps to gain the skills necessary to get a degree relevant job. It is divided into 3 phases:
- Ready (opens in a new window)
This planning phase is to get you ready to apply for and obtain graduate work. You will need to update or write your resume, complete 2 on-line modules and attend the "Where Next?" workshop. Complete them all to launch yourself into phase 2.
- Set (opens in a new window)
This learning phase is to set yourself up for the final interactive and intensive phase of Work Ready. Complete 2 modules, although you're welcome to complete more if you choose.
- GO! (opens in a new window)
Phase 3 is lift off! This phase will propel you into the world of work, is much more interactive, fun and exciting and full of flexible activities. After the 25th of June you can view exact dates on our website. Attend 2 of the following activities, although you're welcome to attend more if you choose.
Work Ready improves your job seeking skills using this flexible combination of online learning, workshops, work visits, boot camp and conference style activities. Check out our collection of Work Ready resources and our workgroup (opens in a new window).
Highlights and outcomes
- be guided by your own personal mentor.
- gain inside knowledge of what employers want to know and how to impress them
- have the opportunity to attend a 1 day "boot camp" to practise networking, build your own personal "brand" and learn what recruiters want
- gain the confidence to find and land the job you want
- have the opportunity to attend and practise applications at an assessment centre
- learn from experienced graduate recruiters giving you the edge over other applicants
- practise your networking skills and create your own personal brand
- receive a certificate of completion recognising your participation
For the Work Ready 2015 final Team Building event, students got to experience Scenic World, located in the heart of the Blue Mountains and learned essential soft skills needed for the workforce. Here are some of the highlights.