Terms and Conditions for Mobile Web App Pilot Study
Terms and conditions for Western Sydney University Office of Employability and Graduate Success Mobile Web App Pilot Study
1. Entry to this competition is open to students enrolled at Western Sydney University. Employees of the University, any related corporation of the University or any agency involved in promoting this competition (and their immediate families) are ineligible to enter. Each entry must be entered in accordance with these terms and conditions. By entering this competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions. The University may in its discretion refuse to award any prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these terms and conditions.
2. Entry into this competition is free.
3. To be eligible to enter this competition, all entrants must complete and submit an online quiz and include their name, a valid email address and a contact telephone number during business hours. All entrants must then login and participate in activities in a mobile web app over the duration of the pilot study period 25 November 2019 to 16 December 2019. Incomplete or incomprehensible entries will be ineligible for acceptance into the competition.
5. There is a limit of one entry per person.
6. Entrants may only enter themselves in this competition. Each entrant warrants to the University that his or her entry is his or her own and is complete and accurate.
7. This competition expires on 16 December 2019
8. Any entry received after expiry of the competition period will be invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries. All entries become the property of the University and will not be returned.
9. Winners of the competition will be announced via the Western Sydney University Careers Facebook page.
10. This competition is not a game of chance. Each entry will be judged by a panel of judges selected by the University. The competition is being held by the University Office of Employability and Graduate Success on behalf of Western Sydney University. The decision of the University and the judges is final and binding on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. Entries will be judged on successful submission of the quiz, the number of activities completed and coins obtained in the mobile web app. The judges will evaluate all entries fairly and impartially according to competition criteria.
12. The University reserves the right to make a lesser number of or no awards if not satisfied with the standard or quality of entries received.
13. If anything occurs that prevents or hinders the University’s ability to conduct the competition or to deliver the prize to the prize winner, the University may, in its discretion, cancel the competition and recommence it at another time under the same terms and conditions or select another winner.
14. The University is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information or other errors (whether technical or otherwise) that may occur in the course of conducting this competition. The University accepts no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
15. To the full extent permitted by law, the University will not be liable for any injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or inconsequential) to persons or property as a result of any person entering into the competition or accepting or using the prize.
16. The University reserves the right, at any time, to independently verify the validity of any entry or claim for the prize (including, without limitation, identity and other personal details of the entrant), and to reject that entry or claim if it cannot be verified to the University’s satisfaction.
17. Any entrant who submits an entry or claim for the prize that is false or is not in accordance with these terms and conditions, or who tampers with the competition process in any way, will be automatically disqualified.
18. The University collects personal information in order to conduct this competition and may, for this purpose, disclose that information to third parties including agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, if required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry to this competition is conditional on entrants providing this information and consenting to disclosure. The University may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised by an entrant, use the information for personal marketing, research, profiling and publicity purposes, including sending email to, or telephoning, entrants. Entrants should contact the University if they wish to access, update or correct their personal information. For more information, please visit https://www.westernsydney.edu.au/complaints/complaints_management_and_resolution/privacy
19. Entrants consent to the University using the entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice in any media (including photographs, film or sound recordings) for an unlimited period without compensation or remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (and any outcome) and promoting the University or its products and services.
20. By entering this competition, each entrant releases the University, its directors, officers, employees and agents from, and indemnifies each of them against, any and all liability or any loss, damage or injury of any kind arising from or in connection with this competition or the prize.
21. By entering this competition, entrants are eligible to win the following prize:
1 x iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB RRP $1999.00
22. All prizes must be claimed and collected by 31 January 2020 at the Careers office, Kingswood campus. Prizes cannot be claimed after that date.
23. No prize can be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash. If the prize becomes unavailable, the University reserves the right to substitute a product of equal value or specification, subject to any applicable laws or written directions from a regulatory authority.
24. The names prize winners will be published via the Western Sydney University Careers Facebook page.