NAIDOC WEEK 2021 (4 - 11 July 2021)
NAIDOC Week is an opportunity to honour and highlight the rich culture and history of Australia’s Indigenous Peoples. During NAIDOC Week, the stories, cultures and achievements of our country’s First Nation Peoples is celebrated not only in Indigenous communities, but by all Australians.
Western Sydney University was proud to celebrate the 2021 NAIDOC Week theme ‘Heal Country’. This theme calls for stronger measures to recognise, protect, and maintain all aspects of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture and heritage.
The NAIDOC quiz is a great opportunity for both Indigenous and non-Indigenous staff and students to test their knowledge of factual information and reflect on the significance of NAIDOC week and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures.
The Office of Pro Vice-Chancellor Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education, Strategy and Consultation would like to thank you for your entries and congratulate the following winners:
Western Sydney University Staff:
- 1st Prize, Associate Professor Corrinne Sullivan receiving Beats Headphones
- 2nd Prize, Emma Rich receiving a $200 Coles/Myer voucher
- 3rd Prize, Kam Yuk Lai receiving a $100 Coles/Myer voucher
Western Sydney University Students:
- 1st Prize, Jessica Wellington receiving Beats Headphones
- 2nd Prize, Matilda Harry receiving a $200 Coles/Myer voucher
- 3rd Prize, Sarah Loft receiving a $100 Coles/Myer voucher
Happy NAIDOC Week from Western Sydney University.