- Welcome to Badanami
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Indigenous Scholarships
- Indigenous Nationals
- Feedback Form
- Contact Us
The Badanami Centre for Indigenous Education is the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander support centre at Western Sydney University. Established in 2006, the Centre helps to support and enhance educational opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students studying at the University.
At Western Sydney University we are very passionate about supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students – that is why the Badanami Centre for Indigenous Education was created. We know that studying can sometimes be a daunting and overwhelming experience, so that is why we have a Badanami Centre for Indigenous Education located on each campus to help support you. In each Centre, there are many staff members, tutors and current students ready to support you in all areas during your time at university.
Badanami is a culturally safe environment where you can mingle, make friends, get help from tutors for assignments, and study with other Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people like yourself.
Badanami's major role is to:
- Administer the Indigenous Tutorial Assistance Scheme
- Provide personal and cultural support to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait students
- Provide academic support to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait students
- Conduct an Indigenous Student Orientation Program
- Advise on enrolment, programs of study, graduation, leave of absence, withdrawal, scholarships and cadetships
- Advocate on behalf of students
- Provide teaching expertise
- Conduct research and consultancy.
So if you're on campus, please stop by and say hello to our friendly staff and students at the Badanami Centre for Indigenous Education!