Research Program: Speech and Language
Lecturer - School of Social Science and Psychology
- School of Social Sciences and Psychology, Western Sydney University
- The MARCS Institute for Brain, Behavioural and Development, Western Sydney University
- Centre of Excellence for the Dynamics of Language, Australian Research Council
- Utrecht Institute of Linguistics OTS, Utrecht University
- The Center for Multilingualism in Society across the Lifespan, University of Oslo
Dr. Liquan Liu completed his Institute in Utrecht University and is currently a Lecturer at School of Social Sciences and Psychology, Western Sydney University. Liquan is working in the field of infant and child developmental research. He uses behavioural and electrophysiological techniques to investigate environmental impacts from an interdisciplinary perspective. Recently, Liquan received a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Individual Fellowship and is planning to work with University of Oslo and collaborate with Stockholm University, Utrecht University, Western Sydney University and many other universities around the world on infant linguistic and musical pitch perception as well as socio-emotional development. Liquan holds a great amount of collaborations worldwide.
- Child language and cognitive development
- Child multilingualism & multiculturalism
- Psycholinguistics and neurolinguistics research
- Assessments and evaluations on early child development
Qualifications and Honours
- Utrecht Institute of Linguistics - OTS, Utrecht University: Ph.D., M.Phil.
- East China Normal University: B.A.
My publications can be found on my Google Scholar page.