Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Alternative Entry Program
The Western Sydney University is committed to providing higher education pathways for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders who do not have an HSC or other qualification, or who have an ATAR lower than required for their chosen course, can apply to study at Western Sydney University through the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students Alternative Entry program.
We accept applications throughout the year for three main intakes, with assessment workshops scheduled in January, June and November.
To apply to Western Sydney University or Western Sydney University, The College through the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Alternative Entry Program, there are three steps:
Step 1 - Selecting a course
Choose a course that is right for you at Western Sydney University or Western Sydney University, The College:
- Handbook details all courses currently available at Western Sydney University
- Western Sydney University, The College (opens in a new window) provides a direct pathway into undergraduate study at Western Sydney University
Step 2 - Confirming your Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander status
To apply through the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Alternative Entry Program, you need to submit the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Alternative Entry Program form [PDF, 156.69 KB] (opens in a new window).
If you have already applied and have been asked to submit a self-declaration and/or a community confirmation, please complete the:
- Confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander identity Statutory Declaration PDF, 61.58 KB] (opens in a new window)
Applications are still open. Forms will be accepted on the day.
Step 3 - ATSI Alternative Entry Program testing and interview
- After you submit your application we will contact you to arrange a two day program of assessment and an interview
- The next testing sessions will be held on
- 5-6 June 2017 at Penrith campus
- 13-14 November 2017 at Penrith campus
More information will be provided in your invitation to the assessment.
Further resources for Western students
We offer a number of support channels for Indigenous students:
- Student Support Services
- Student Welfare Services
If you have any questions, please contact:
Course Information Centre
Phone: 1300 897 669