- Stay Connected
- Alumni Chapters
- GradLife and Alumni Benefits
- Gradlife Alumni Business Directory
- Alumni Success Stories
- Alumni Publications
- New Alumni and Graduations
- Alumni Volunteers
- Academic Transcripts & Replacement Testamurs
- Alumni Awards
- Previous Alumni Award Winners
- Contact Western Sydney U Alumni
Gender UNLIMITED* #1: Gender, Equality & Violence
- Event Name
- Gender UNLIMITED* #1: Gender, Equality & Violence
- 20 September 2018
- 10:00 am - 02:00 pm
- Parramatta Campus
Address (Room): EB.G.35
What are the persistent challenges to gender equality on our campuses, in our workplaces, and within our communities? How can we start to make real progress toward overcoming these challenges? Are we doing enough?
Please join us for the launch of our new seminar series, Gender UNLIMITED* - a public-access series that promotes progressive and provocative conversation around gender equality.
Gender UNLIMITED* will be launched by the Vice-Chancellor, Professor Barney Glover, and Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic), Professor Denise Kirkpatrick.
The inaugural series topic is ‘Gender, Equality, and Violence’. Presenters include the venerable Ms Libby Lloyd AM, a leading advocate for gender equality and a national figure in the intervention to reduce violence against women. Representatives from Our Watch, White Ribbon Australia, and the School of Social Sciences and Psychology will also join the panel discussion, which will be chaired by our Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic).
After the morning session, we will provide a light lunch before hosting an additional seminar with Scott Holmes from Our Watch to discuss specific strategies for combatting gendered violence in the workplace (1pm – 2pm). Please see the attachment for further details.
Speakers: Vice-Chancellor Professor Barney Glover, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) Professor Denise Kirkpatrick, Ms Libby Lloyd AM, Mr Scott Holmes, Mr Ronan Smyth, A/Professor Kate Huppatz and A/Professor Michael Salter.
The Gender UNLIMITED* series is designed to:
- promote awareness of the complex challenges that stand in the way of gender equality
- identify new ways to create and advocate for gender-aware, gender-responsive cultures
- enhance understanding of gender diversity, including complex, non-binary notions of gender
- generate new knowledge in gender research, including around factors that intersect with gender to compound inequality
- share knowledge about best practice organisational change toward gender equality
RSVP: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JCG5LKM (opens in a new window)
Speakers: Vice-Chancellor Professor Barney Glover, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) Professor Denise Kirkpatrick, Ms Libby Lloyd AM, Mr Scott Holmes, Mr Ronan Smyth, and A/Professor Michael Salter
Name: Kieryn McKay
School / Department: Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice-President (Academic)