- Vice-Chancellor and President
- Board of Trustees
- Academic Senate
- Office of Governance Services
- Mission, Goals and Strategic Plan
- Contact Us
- Corpus Strategic Funding Areas
Strategic Goals and Objectives: 2018 - 2020
The Securing Success 2018 - 2020 Strategic Plan (opens in new window) (PDF, 3859.29 KB) includes amendments generated by a mid-term review of the University’s strategy and the rapidly changing context in which the University operates. Approved by the Board of Trustees in April 2018, it was presented for consideration by Academic Senate, the University Executive Committee, the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Elders on Campus Advisory Committee and the Board of Trustees and its Standing Committees. It also benefited from submissions received during a broader University consultation phase.
It now addresses the key issues identified by the University community below:
- Revised STRATEGIC CONTEXT: Inclusion of an appropriate Western Growth narrative to reflect the rapidly changing context and development of the University.
- Better articulation of the concept of 'research-led', including the role of research strength in the international agenda and global university rankings.
- Strengthening of the University's Engagement agenda, including engagement with our significant Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
- The critical importance of the International strategy to the University.
- Better articulation of the concept of 'student-centeredness' and graduate attributes.
Securing Success 2018 - 2020 presents the strategic goals and objectives of the University as it positions itself for the next wave of sector-wide change.
Key Focus Areas
- A distinctively Student-Centred University
- A Research-Led University with Regional, National and Global Impact
- A Research-Informed Learning Experience
- An Expanding International Reach and Reputation
- An Anchor Institution and Leading Advocate and Champion for Greater Western Sydney and its People
- A Dynamic and Innovative Culture that Secures Success
Six strategic objectives are identified to secure the University's success:
- Student-centredness that integrates academic and professional opportunity with personal support
- Ambition as a vibrant research-led university with regional, national and global impact
- Aspiration to provide a research informed learning experience that is innovative, flexible and responsive
- Strategic intent to expand international reach and reputation
- Commitment as an anchor institution and champion for Greater Western Sydney
- Commitment to a dynamic and innovative culture that secures success
- Western Sydney University Research and Development Plan 2015-2017 (PDF, 1747.49 KB) (opens in a new window)
- Western Sydney University Learning Futures Plan 2016-2020 (opens in a new window)
- Western Sydney University Engagement Plan 2014 -2016 (PDF. 1.36 Mb) (opens in a new window) (staff login required)
- Global Futures: Internationalising UWS 2015-2020 - with appendices (opens in a new window) (staff login required)
- Global Futures: Internationalising UWS 2015-2020 (PDF, 255.81KB) (opens in a new window)
For information related to Western Sydney University strategy, please contact us (opens in a new window)