- - Vice-Chancellor and President
- - Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Provost
- - Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice-President (Academic)
- - Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Indigenous Leadership)
- - Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice-President (Research, Enterprise and International)
- - Senior Vice-President
- - Vice-President (People and Advancement)
- - Vice-President (Infrastructure and Commercial)
- - Vice President (Finance) and Chief Financial Officer
- - Cluster PVC (Health and Medicine)
- - Cluster PVC (Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences)
- - Cluster PVC (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics)
- Vice-Chancellor's Advisory Board
- Vice-Chancellor and President
- Board of Trustees
- Academic Senate
- Office of Governance Services
- Western Sydney University Strategic Plan
- Professoriate Leadership Group
- Contact Us
- Corpus Strategic Funding Areas
Peter Pickering has enjoyed an extensive and varied career in a variety of senior management positions with major Australian and international corporations.
Educated primarily in the field of Commerce and Business at the Universities of Newcastle, UTS and UNSW, he initially worked in the steel industry for the BHP Group. He then moved into the Mining sector with global Canadian mining giant Placer Dome working in Mexico and Canada as well as Australia. Peter then spent a long period with the German conglomerate Siemens leading the Defence Electronics project group in Australia but playing a significant role in major defence and air traffic projects in Germany and the UK.
Prior to joining Western Sydney University, Peter spent 15 years in the Telecommunications industry, primarily with Telstra but also with international joint ventures in Korea and Indonesia working with NTT, Sumitomo, Indosat and Pohang Iron and Steel. When he left Telstra he was the Executive Director of Strategy Planning and Business Development but had also held the positions of Chief Operating Officer of the Telstra Retail division and Chief Operating Officer of Telstra International. These roles have encompassed responsibilities for business units up to $15 billion turnover and 15,000 staff.
Peter has been on the Board of over 60 companies during his career. He is interested in working with businesses under management and financial stress to develop and implements strategic, operational and financial change to enable re-establishment of successful company performance.
His areas of expertise includes:
- CEO, CFO and COO experience;
- Ability to manage end to end operations;
- Create, negotiate and manage complex multi national commercial agreements;
- Establish, manage and restructure companies;
- Establish, manage, restructure and dissolve international joint ventures;
- Building and lead teams to execute complex and varied domestic and international business activities across multi functions; and
- Project Management of large complex projects involving multi disciplinary teams.
Contact the Vice-President (Finance and Resources)
Telephone: (02) 4570 1804