- Vice-Chancellor and President
Board of Trustees
- - Agendas and Papers (Board of Trustees/Committee Members only)
- - Board of Trustees Membership
- Board Meetings
- - Board of Trustees Meetings 2020
- - Board of Trustees Meetings 2019
- - Board of Trustees Meetings 2018
- - Board of Trustees Meetings 2017
- - Board of Trustees Meetings 2016
- - Board of Trustees Meetings 2015
- - Board of Trustees Meetings 2014
- - Board of Trustees Meetings 2013
- - Board of Trustees Meetings 2012
- - Board of Trustees Meetings 2011
- - Board of Trustees Meetings 2010
- - Board of Trustees Meetings 2009
- - Board Meetings 2008
- - Board Meetings 2007
- - Board Meetings 2006
- - Board Meetings 2005
- - Board Meetings 2004
- - Board Committees and Councils
- - Key Information
- Academic Senate
- Office of Governance Services
- Mission, Goals and Strategic Plan
- Contact Us
- Corpus Strategic Funding Areas
25 February 2009
The Board of Trustees met on Wednesday 25 February 2009, in the Boardroom, Building AD, Werrington North. A summary of matters discussed is provided below.
Confirmation of MinutesThe minutes of the December 2008 meeting of the Board of Trustees were confirmed and can be downloaded from this page.
Main Items Considered by the Board
Postgraduate Student Member
Academic Program Development
Vice-Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in University Sustainability
Revised Delegations for Capital Works and Campus Development
New Student Organisation
Academic Governance Arrangements
UWS Postgraduate Coursework Strategy
Review of Australian Higher Education
2009 Intake Trends
Indigenous Advisory Council
Other Reports and Items Considered by the Board
Date of Next Meeting
- Priorities for Commonwealth Education Infrastructure Fund Bids
- Meeting with the Minister to discuss the Federal Government’s review of Higher education
- University offers
- Visit to Canberra
- Professor Cusick’s appointment to the Board of Studies NSW
- UWS recognised for improved performance in Learning and Teaching
- Federal Government funding towards UWS capital program
- Federal Government’s Diversity and Structural Adjustment Fund
- UWSCollege donations towards UWS Scholarships
- UWS Honours industry partners.
The Board endorsed the proposed development of undergraduate double degree programs to be offered at Parramatta, Hawkesbury and Campbelltown campuses in 2010.
The Board endorsed the proposed amendments to the Vice-Chancellor’s Excellence Awards that will establish the category of Excellence in University Sustainability.
The Board approved the revision of the delegations for capital works, facilities, overheads and campus development matters (Schedule G).
The Board gave in-principle recognition of the New Student Organisation.
The Board approved minor amendments, for the purposes of clarity, to the membership details of the Research Studies Committee and the College Academic Standards and Integrity Committee.
The Board noted the strategy to increase postgraduate coursework enrolments.
The Board noted the progress report of the Review of Australian Higher Education.
The Board noted the current data and expectations regarding student load based on known and projected enrolments compared with the target load and budget.
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Corporate Strategy and Services) gave a presentation to the Board on University revenue sources and the objectives to increase non-government funding.
The Board noted the progress of the Indigenous Advisory Council’s membership and the report of the Council’s 17 December 2008 meeting.
- Strategy and Resources Committee
- Audit and Risk Management Committee
- Board Standing Committee and Remuneration & Nominations Committee
- Campus Development Committee and Westmead Site Development
- School of Medicine
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Staffing Matters
- 2008 Media Coverage Summary
- Cyclical School Review in UWS
The next Board meeting will be held on Wednesday 8 April 2009.