Doctor Yogesh Deshpande
Deans Unit School of Computing, Engineering & Math
Dr Yogesh Deshpande is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Computing and Mathematics at the University of Western Sydney. He has worked for over 40 years in ICT covering wide areas from programming to project management and training in the industry context. He has also taught and participated in research in the higher education sector. He was among the early promoters of Web Engineering, organizing international workshops at the World Wide Web conferences as well as the International Conferences on Software Engineering. He was also a founder-editor of the Journal of Web Engineering and at present continues to be an Associate Editor for the journal.
His qualifications include BStat(Hons) and MStat from the Indian Statistical Institute, and MSc and PhD from The London School of Economics and Political Science.
This information has been contributed by Doctor Deshpande.
- MStat Indian Statistical Institute
- MSc University of London
- PhD University of London
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- Deans Unit School of Computing, Engineering & Math
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
Chapters in Books
- Deshpande, Y. and Ginige, A. (2001), 'Corporate web development : from process infancy to maturity : a case study', Web Engineering: Managing Diversity and Complexity of Web Application Development, Springer-Verlag 3540421300.
- Murugesan, S., Deshpande, Y., Hansen, S. and Ginige, A. (2001), 'Web Engineering: A New Discipline for Development of Web-Based Systems', Web Engineering: Managing Diversity and Complexity of Web Application Development, Springer Verlag 3540421300.
- Deshpande, Y., Murugesan, S. and Hansen, S. (2001), 'Web Engineering: Beyond CS, IS and SE Evolutionary and Non-Engineering Perspectives', Web Engineering: Managing Diversity and Complexity of Web Application Development, Springer-Verlag 3540421300.
- Hansen, S., Deshpande, Y. and Murugesan, S. (2001), 'A Skills Heirarachy for Web-Based Systems Development', Web Engineering: Managing Diversity and Complexity of Web Application Development, Springer-Verlag 3540421300.
- Caldera, A. and Deshpande, Y. (2005), 'Effectively Capturing User Navigation Paths in the Web Using Web Server Logs', Web Engineering, Proceedings of the 5th International Conference, ICWE 2005, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, LNCS 3579, vol 3579, no 0 , pp 63 - 68.
- Deshpande, Y. (2004), 'Web Engineering Curriculum: A case study of an evolving framework', Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 3140 , pp 526 - 530.
- Deshpande, Y., Murugesan, S., Ginige, A., Hansen, S., Schwbe, D. and Gaedke, M. (2002), 'Web Engineering', Journal of Web Engineering, vol 1, no 1 , pp 3 - 17.
- Deshpande, Y., Ginige, A., Hansen, S. and Murugesan, S. (2002), 'Consolidating Web Engineering as a discipline', The Journal of Software Engineering Australia, , pp 31 - 34.
- Deshpande, Y. and Hansen, S. (2001), 'Web Engineering: Creating a discipline emong disciplines', IEEE Multimedia, vol 8, no 2 , pp 82 - 87.
- Leslie, H. and Deshpande, Y. (2011), 'A strategy to develop a framework for distributed information management in the AEC-FM industry', CIB W78 W102 2011 Joint Conference 28th W078 Information Technology for Construction and 6th CIB W102 Information and Knowledge Management in Building, Sophia Antipolis, Fr.
- Deshpande, Y. and Leslie, H. (2011), 'Ontology-Based Software Engineering And Distributed Information Management In The Aec-Fm Industry', CIB W78 W102 2011 Joint Conference 28th W078 Information Technology for Construction and 6th CIB W102 Information and Knowledge Management in Building, Sophia Antipolis, Fr.
- Deshpande, Y. and Ginige, A. (2010), 'Web Engineering Curriculum - A Review of 12 Years of Delivery at Postgraduate Level', ICWE2010 International Conference on Web Engineering, Vienna.
- Krawczk, L., Hansen, S. and Deshpande, Y. (2008), 'The Second Life Client-Viewer: A Case Study in Using Open Source', 14th Australasian World Wide Web Conference 2008 (AUSWEB), Ballina.
- Caldera, A. and Deshpande, Y. (2003), 'Evaluation of session identification heuristics in web usage mining', 5th International Information Technology Conference, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Deshpande, Y., Ginige, J. and Ginige, A. (2002), 'Web site Auditing', 14th International Conference on Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering - SEKE 02, Ischia, Italy.
Dr Yogesh Deshpande’s interests include information management in the Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) sector, Ontologies, Green ICT, Web Engineering, Web data mining, and innovative and interactive applications of technology.
He has supervised three PhD students as the principal or co-supervisor, and two master’s by honours students to completion. Currently, he is the principal supervisor of one PhD candidate and one master’s by honours.
Earlier in his career, Yogesh taught programming, Introduction to Computer Science, Management Science, Statistics, and Operational Research. In the past at UWS, he has taught Programming, Systems Analysis and Design, Decision Technology, Simulation, Introduction to IT, Web Application Development and Web Engineering. His current teaching duties include IT Project Management, Web Technologies, and XML and Web Services.
This information has been contributed by Doctor Deshpande.
|Title:||Development of Information Architecture, Processes and Technologies for creating, converting and managing large repositories of architectural content|
|Years:||2013-02-18 - 2016-06-30|
|Western Researchers:||Athula Ginige and Yogesh Deshpande|
Doctor Deshpande is available to be a principal supervisor for doctoral projects
|Title:||Preservation and Digitisation Processes in Australian/New Zealand's Public Libraries|
|Field of Research:|