- Student Device initiative
- How to Apply
- Undergraduate Courses
- Postgraduate Courses
- Graduate Research Courses
- College Courses
- Pathways to Western Sydney University
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education
- Why Western Sydney University?
- Life at Uni
- Information for Parents
- Information for Careers Advisers
- Events at Western Sydney University
- Contact Western Sydney University
Life at Western Sydney University
Modern, people-friendly hubs of activity. That sums up our distinctive campuses located across Western Sydney. Whether you prefer the ultra-modern and hi-tech or the beautiful, pastoral and serene, you are sure to find a campus where you feel at home. Dynamic, exciting and culturally diverse, our campuses are also friendly and inviting, with room to think, room to breathe and room to be yourself.
As a student at Western Sydney University, you become part of a dynamic, thriving and culturally rich community. There are diverse opportunities for sport and recreation, entertainment, going out and engaging with the community – both on and off campus. From the ultra-modern and high-tech to more serene, pastoral environments, each of our campuses is different – but all are friendly, multicultural and inclusive.
Our on campus facilities include libraries, computer laboratories, innovative social learning spaces, wireless internet, cafes, bars, gyms, sporting grounds, tennis courts, and lots of open space to hang out in.
With a range of on-campus clubs and associations there are also lots of opportunities to meet new people with similar interests, make friends, and explore a variety of cultural, course-related and other activities.
As a modern university, our aim is to combine vibrant, inspiring learning environments with world-class facilities, equipment and technology to enable you to gain practical experience and put learning into action.
The School of Medicine, the Hawkesbury Institute for the Environment, the Institute for Culture and Society, the MARCS Institute, moot courts, nursing laboratories, the Confocal Bio-Imaging Facility, Biomedical Magnetic Resonance Facility, language labs, conference interpreting facilities, and Robotic Assembly Laboratory are just some of the amazing facilities you will have access to as a student.
Putting learning into practice
- The next generation of doctors train in the anatomy labs and other practical facilities at the $52 million state-of-the-art Medical School at the Campbelltown campus
- Nursing students learn about life on the ward, working in an exact replica of a hospital ward, and gain essential practical experience in laboratories at the Campbelltown, Bankstown, Hawkesbury and Parramatta campuses
- Media students let their creativity run wild in the $2 million convergent media studio complex, equipped with recording, post-production, broadcast and narrowcast facilities
- Exercise and sports science students get hands-on with equipment to measure a whole spectrum of factors relating to sport and physical activity, as well as physical and biomedical indicators
- Forensic science students conduct realistic crime scene investigation – preparing them well for the real thing – at the Crime Scene House
- Law students practise their closing addresses in the Moot Court at the Parramatta campus
- Health and medical students treat members of the general public in the UniClinic at the Campbelltown campus
- Community TV station TVS broadcasts direct from the Penrith campus
- On-campus computer labs are open 22 hours a day, 7 days a week
- 2,000 computers are available for student use
- Wireless email and internet access on all campuses
- Cutting-edge computer software packages
Western Sydney University has
- Accommodation on all campuses
- Campuses across Western Sydney
- Careers services
- Chaplaincy services
- Childcare services on six campuses
- Clubs and Societies for students
- Counselling services
- Disability services
- Learning and Teaching Unit
- Sports and leisure facilities
- A Campus Life Officer on each campus
- Student Exchange programs